BOWES-LYON family tree posted
s***@talktalk.net
2019-05-04 18:17:51 UTC
Hi everyone, I am new to this so forgive me. My maiden name is Bowes. I do not know anything about my fathers family except his mother worked in service for aristocracy, and was very secretive. just wondered if I could find any clues as to my heritage.
JohnnoH
2019-08-11 09:45:48 UTC
This is the Queen Mother's wikipedia entry ,start there and read all of that
for possible clues.
Johnno

JohnnoH

JohnnoH
2019-08-11 10:05:45 UTC
If as you seem to be suggesting,you are related to the Queen Mother's family
then this give a good going over of her ancestors, look at them by clicking
on the link below
https://gw.geneanet.org/tdowling?lang=en&p=william&n=bowes <
Johnno

s***@gmail.com
2019-09-16 04:31:39 UTC
BOWES-LYON family tree posted
I have just spent the past three days working on the family tree of
Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon, the Queen Mother, who died in March at age 101.
I started on this project because I remembered that she had two
nieces, cousins of Queen Elizabeth II, who had been locked up in
mental hospitals for more than 50 years.
I want to thank the many people who helped me in this search.
What I found most surprising is that while there are many websites
dealing with the Royal Family tree, almost none of them make any
mention of this branch of the British Royal Family. It seems that they
are almost persona non grata.
From most websites, one would imagine that the Queen Mother was an
only child. In reality, she had six brothers and three sisters.
Two of her nieces, both sons of her brother John Herbert BOWES-LYON
(1886-1930), have been confined in mental hospitals almost since their
birth. The youngest, Katherine BOWES-LYON, who was born 4 July 1926,
is apparently still alive or at least her death had not been
announced.
In addition, Queen Elizabeth had an uncle, John Charles Francis
WINDSOR (1905-1919) who was an epileptic who had to be restrained
until he died.
The BOWES-LYON family tried to marry well. I was surprised to discover
that one of them had married the great-granddaughter of John Jacob
Astor, one of the richest men in America. Imagine the chagrin of the
Astor Family when they realized that their daughter had married into
the wrong branch of the British Royal Family. Rachel Pauline
SPENDER-CLAY, who was the granddaughter of William Waldorf Astor,
after whom the Waldorf Astoria Hotel in New York City is named,
married David BOWES-LYON, the uncle of Queen Elizabeth II of England.
Helen Schermerhorn ASTOR married James Roosevelt, the half-brother of
President Franklin Delano Roosevelt.
Elizabeth, the Queen Mother
http://www.shamema.com/pafg358.htm#13383
Nerissa Bowes-Lyon
http://www.shamema.com/pafg429.htm#17700
Katherine Bowes-Lyon
http://www.shamema.com/pafg429.htm#17700
John Charles Francis WINDSOR
http://www.shamema.com/pafg349.htm#12259C
John Jacob Astor
http://www.shamema.com/pafg431.htm#17780
Rachel Pauline SPENDER-CLAY
http://www.shamema.com/pafg430.htm#17710
James Roosevelt
http://www.shamema.com/pafg432.htm#17795
President Franklin Delano Roosevelt
http://www.shamema.com/pafg434.htm#17836
Sam Sloan
PS. I have no relationship with any of these people, except that I
live near Astoria, Queens, which was named after John Jacob Astor.
https://groups.google.com/d/topic/soc.culture.asian.american/GbbWUdxJ0a4

https://groups.google.com/d/topic/soc.culture.asian.american/b8xCbBbeaTY

https://groups.google.com/d/topic/soc.culture.asian.american/GRRNLaOYIho

https://groups.google.com/d/topic/soc.culture.asian.american/1SEvMDhfQyM

https://groups.google.com/d/topic/soc.culture.asian.american/gQm_1d-427k

https://groups.google.com/d/topic/soc.culture.asian.american/IWNEEw7xdG8

https://groups.google.com/d/topic/soc.culture.asian.american/Q8JRNIJqgps

https://groups.google.com/d/topic/soc.genealogy.german/QB1sDRhGVZc

https://groups.google.com/d/topic/soc.genealogy.german/JoTfRyE681k

https://groups.google.com/d/topic/soc.culture.australian/8sPSRohHG4U

https://groups.google.com/d/topic/soc.culture.australian/wwCkMMgsF8Q

https://groups.google.com/d/topic/soc.culture.australian/1yXHVwWUZVI

https://groups.google.com/d/topic/soc.culture.australian/ir1FAqsXOyk

https://groups.google.com/d/topic/soc.genealogy.german/Y-MXl5CEV00

https://groups.google.com/d/topic/soc.genealogy.german/-8FJ8Y2MGp0

https://groups.google.com/d/topic/soc.history.ancient/4EEAKedDwYQ

https://groups.google.com/d/topic/soc.culture.belgium/X05vmRHQNJM

https://groups.google.com/d/topic/soc.history.war.us-revolution/DNfrrbCzxOY

https://groups.google.com/d/topic/soc.history.war.us-revolution/bZ-WdTgMS0s

https://groups.google.com/d/topic/soc.history.war.us-revolution/ZCPZwmfNWVA

https://groups.google.com/d/topic/soc.history.war.us-revolution/2QICGFwJ3Ig

https://groups.google.com/d/topic/alt.comp.freeware/CbMgunJEJVk
Lori
I wouldn't open this post as it looks like spam and the same urls were posted on the soc.medievalgenealogy newsgroup under sex with under age girls.
P J Evans
2019-09-16 16:36:36 UTC
Post by Lori
BOWES-LYON family tree posted
I have just spent the past three days working on the family tree of
Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon, the Queen Mother, who died in March at age 101.
I started on this project because I remembered that she had two
nieces, cousins of Queen Elizabeth II, who had been locked up in
mental hospitals for more than 50 years.
I want to thank the many people who helped me in this search.
What I found most surprising is that while there are many websites
dealing with the Royal Family tree, almost none of them make any
mention of this branch of the British Royal Family. It seems that they
are almost persona non grata.
From most websites, one would imagine that the Queen Mother was an
[...]
Not necessary to "open" it, just to report it as spam. (I wish Google would remove spam in newsgroups as well as they do spam in emails.)