Yorkshire Pedigrees, John William Walker
Monica Kanellis via
2014-10-03 14:59:29 UTC
Does anyone have a copy of Yorkshire Pedigrees to hand? All I can get is a
snippet view.

I can see, on page 387, a line with
"Charles Saltmarsh of Hemingborough. Will pr. 1692 -- Ann"

on the line under it reads
"John Topham"

My friend is descended from an Ann Saltmarsh, born circa 1619 in Thorganby
who married a John Topham in 1638 and whose brother Charles died in 1692.
She also had siblings named Richard, Arthur, Henry, and Douglas (a sister).
There's a baptism for a Charolus Saltmarsh in Thorganby in 1612 to an
Edwardi Saltmarsh, and I think it must be the Charles above.

Can anyone read the line above to see if it gives a father for Charles or
any other details on the page?

Best,

Monica
Ian Goddard
2014-10-04 20:24:03 UTC
Post by Monica Kanellis via
Does anyone have a copy of Yorkshire Pedigrees to hand? All I can get is a
snippet view.
I can see, on page 387, a line with
"Charles Saltmarsh of Hemingborough. Will pr. 1692 -- Ann"
on the line under it reads
"John Topham"
My friend is descended from an Ann Saltmarsh, born circa 1619 in Thorganby
who married a John Topham in 1638 and whose brother Charles died in 1692.
She also had siblings named Richard, Arthur, Henry, and Douglas (a sister).
There's a baptism for a Charolus Saltmarsh in Thorganby in 1612 to an
Edwardi Saltmarsh, and I think it must be the Charles above.
Can anyone read the line above to see if it gives a father for Charles or
any other details on the page?
Matthew Topham to whom his grandfather leaves £700. Lord Mayor of York,
1642. On 21 July, 1628, Sir Wm. Hildyard sold him South Duffield: bur.
at St. Martin's, York, 2 Feb. 1636. Will d 26 Feb, 1635, pr. 4 Feb 1636

The pedigree goes back 2 more generations to Laurance Topham of Caldbergh.

Send me an email address if you need to get more.
--
Ian

The Hotmail address is my spam-bin. Real mail address is iang
at austonley org uk