OT - Bond girl Maryam d'Abo
John Brandon
2003-10-04 04:25:10 UTC
The Bond girl in "The Living Daylights" (1987) was actress Maryam
d'Abo. One website--http://www.starsofhollywood.com/maryam_d'abo.html--gives
her date of birth as 27 December 1960.

Surely, then, she's the same Mariam-Georgina d'Abo, born 27 Dec. 1960,
daughter of Major Peter C. H. d'Abo and his wife, Nano Kivinitadze, as
found in _Burke's Landed Gentry_, 18th ed., 1:182.

Another website mentions that actress Olivia d'Abo is a cousin.

http://www.geocities.com/oliviadabo/
Leo van de Pas
2003-10-04 09:48:29 UTC
Dear John,

Thanks for your message. Until your message I had no knowledge about Maryam
d'Abo.
Yes, I have the 18th edition of Burke's Landed Gentry and so could quite
easily trace some ancestors. In this 18th edition it shows how her ancestors
in the male line came from Aarhus in Denmark. Via The Netherlands and the
Dutch East Indies, her branch ended up in England.

Quickly I realised that the d'Abo family is also recorded in the Nederland's
Patriciaat (1939) which gives better detailed information. In this book I
found an ancestral link with the Holmberg de Beckfelt, Nils Holmberg de
Beckfelt was ennobled on 2 June 1789 by King Gustaf III of Sweden. Also in
this book I found a link with a Dutch branch of the Douglas family.

One ancestor, Erland Nicolai d'Abo, born about 1748 in Copenhagen, in 1792
disappeared with the ship "Demerary" on a journey to The Netherlands. Shades
of the Flying Dutchman. He had married Elisabeth Douglas, daughter of Helena
de Brauw a member of a still prominent family in The Netherlands.

I have now 6,545 ancestors for Maryam d'Abo in my system. Her first royal
ancestor is James IV, King of Scots, and via John of Gaunt her ancestors go
to William the Conqueror and Charlemagne.

When my site is updated these details will be available as well.

With best wishes
Leo van de Pas
Canberra, Australia

John Brandon
2003-10-04 14:37:40 UTC
Dear Leo,

You're welcome! I thought you might be interested in this one.

John