Sir Robert Whitney (1348-1402)
l***@merck.com
2008-10-28 13:05:16 UTC
Dear Newsgroup: According to the Whitney Research Group Sir Robert
Whitney (`1348-1402) was said to have married twice. First to a Janet
Trussell and then to a Maud (Mary) Cromwell daughter of Ralph Cromwell
and Maud Bernake. This Maud (Mary) Cromwell was then to be the mother
of Robert Whitney who married Wenllian Oldcastle. Douglas Richardson
in his book "Plantagenet Ancestry" has this Maud marrying a
Fitzwilliam. Can anyone shed light on which is correct? Regards:Loren
Varga

P.S. : My first post may have posted not completed
AdrianBnjmBurke
2008-10-28 19:36:09 UTC
Post by l***@merck.com
Dear Newsgroup: According to the Whitney Research Group Sir Robert
Whitney (`1348-1402) was said to have married twice. First to a Janet
Trussell and then to a Maud (Mary) Cromwell daughter of Ralph Cromwell
and Maud Bernake. This Maud (Mary) Cromwell was then to be the mother
of  Robert Whitney who married Wenllian Oldcastle. Douglas Richardson
in his book "Plantagenet Ancestry" has this Maud marrying a
Fitzwilliam. Can anyone shed light on which is correct? Regards:Loren
Varga
 P.S. : My first post may have posted not completed
I don't have doug's book in front of me but i recall he used certain
pedigrees for that connection, if you explore the WRG wesbite more
you'll find all the pedigrees that mention whitneys from that time
period. Although we have some tinkering to do with that particular
family page and the citations etc., i am aware of the fact that there
is scarce primary material relating to the families of that time and
place making the study of those families difficult for anyone who
desires thorough proof.

ADRIAN BENJAMIN BURKE
NEW YORK CITY