Haldane of Gleneagles to Jamaica
wjhonson
2018-10-21 19:22:15 UTC
I need a lookup in a book called the Haldanes of Gleneagles on the family of Patrick Haldane of Bearcrofts Stirling, who married Margaret Forrester.

Various books tell me that this couple had two children George born 10 Jul 1722 who became Governor of Jamaica and died shortly thereafter, and "a daughter"

I have found a baptism for a Margaret, daughter of Patrick, who could fit this.

What I want to know is, if there is any information on who the "a daughter" was, and whom she married.
a***@gmail.com
2018-10-21 20:00:03 UTC
Do you have a page number? I have images of some of the book. I am not seeing a chapter though on that particular estate. I can't do a word search since I don't have it pdf'd.

Adrian
a***@gmail.com
2018-10-21 20:10:48 UTC
Just went through all the pages I have-- nothing on this particular individual.

Adrian
John Higgins
The book is available online via Heritage Quest, if you have access to that. I don't have time to do a lookup now, but if you can't access it let me know and I can check it out this evening or tomorrow.
John Higgins
2018-10-22 03:33:52 UTC
Post by wjhonson
I need a lookup in a book called the Haldanes of Gleneagles on the family of Patrick Haldane of Bearcrofts Stirling, who married Margaret Forrester.
Various books tell me that this couple had two children George born 10 Jul 1722 who became Governor of Jamaica and died shortly thereafter, and "a daughter"
I have found a baptism for a Margaret, daughter of Patrick, who could fit this.
What I want to know is, if there is any information on who the "a daughter" was, and whom she married.
Page 159 of "The Haldanes of Gleneagles" identifies Patrick Haldane's daughter as "Margaret, who married as his second wife, on 14 April 1765, Charles Barclay-Maitland of Tillcoultry, 3rd son of Charles, 6th Earl of Lauderdale She died without issue before 11 February 1768, which was the date of her husband's third marriage."

Presumably this should answer your question.
wjhonson
2018-11-01 23:18:44 UTC
Post by John Higgins
Post by wjhonson
I need a lookup in a book called the Haldanes of Gleneagles on the family of Patrick Haldane of Bearcrofts Stirling, who married Margaret Forrester.
Various books tell me that this couple had two children George born 10 Jul 1722 who became Governor of Jamaica and died shortly thereafter, and "a daughter"
I have found a baptism for a Margaret, daughter of Patrick, who could fit this.
What I want to know is, if there is any information on who the "a daughter" was, and whom she married.
Page 159 of "The Haldanes of Gleneagles" identifies Patrick Haldane's daughter as "Margaret, who married as his second wife, on 14 April 1765, Charles Barclay-Maitland of Tillcoultry, 3rd son of Charles, 6th Earl of Lauderdale She died without issue before 11 February 1768, which was the date of her husband's third marriage."
Presumably this should answer your question.
Thank you. Interesting. As the contemporary Scots Magazine, on her marriage, calls the father there "Peter Haldane of Gleneagles"

https://books.google.com/books?id=D9k5AQAAMAAJ&dq=Charles%20Barclay-Maitland%20Haldane&pg=PA223#v=onepage&q=Charles%20Barclay-Maitland%20Haldane&f=false