Edward Sutton Lineage
marianne dillow
2008-11-28 19:27:12 UTC
Sorry, I copied and pasted and junk came through before my question.

I am looking for the correct parents of Edward Sutton born ca 1567 in Rushton, Spencer, Staffordshire, England.  Knowsley, in Huyton, Lancashire and Hall House in Rushton, Spencer, Staffordshire is associated with him. He died ca 23 Jun 1643. He married Anne Stanley daughter of Peter Stanley and Cicely Tarleton. He has been confused with another Edward Sutton who married Theodosia Harington. I descend from Edward and Anne's daughter Ann Sutton who married Richard Eltonhead.

Marianne Dillow
wjhonson
2008-12-09 03:43:50 UTC
Post by marianne dillow
Sorry, I copied and pasted and junk came through before my question.

I am looking for the correct parents of Edward Sutton born ca 1567 in Rushton, Spencer, Staffordshire, England.  Knowsley, in Huyton, Lancashire and Hall House in Rushton, Spencer, Staffordshire is associated with him. He died ca 23 Jun 1643. He married AnneStanleydaughter ofPeterStanleyand Cicely Tarleton. He has been confused with another Edward Sutton who married Theodosia Harington. I descend from Edward and Anne's daughter Ann Sutton who married Richard Eltonhead.

Marianne Dillow
-------------------------

"He has been confused with another Edward Sutton"

Yes Marianne, including you. This Edward Sutton, has no good birth
dates.
The 1567 year is for the other man
Edward Sutton, 5th Baron Dudley who was baptised (not born) on 17 Sep
1567 at St Edmund's, Dudley and married Theodocia Harrington on 12 Jun
1581 at St Benet's Fink, London.

So the first step is to throw out the 1567 birthyear, and try to find
some good source for the birth data for the *other* Edward Sutton.

Will Johnson