Sir Hugh Newmarch (ca. 1336-1377) line:
Michael Rochester
2021-02-22 03:58:23 UTC
I am a descendant of Sir Hugh Newmarch, whose daughter Elizabeth married Sir Ralph Newmarch. I saw a thread here regarding Elizabeth's ind entity (Dough Richardson perhaps started the thread), as the daughter of Sr Hugh Newmarch, by wife Aline. Poking around the net, I found a lineage to the original Adam, with spouses shown. Has this been tested and is this lineage on solid bearings?

Here is one place I found it:
https://www.google.com/books/edition/The_Newmarch_pedigree_by_G_F_and_C_H_New/1h8IAAAAQAAJ?hl=en&gbpv=1&dq=%22Hugh+de+newmarch%22&pg=PA16&printsec=frontcover

Another reference to Elizabeth's lineage:
https://www.google.com/books/edition/Yorkshire_Archaeological_Journal/m65DAQAAMAAJ?hl=en&gbpv=1&dq=%22Hugh+de+newmarch%22&pg=PA374&printsec=frontcover

Elizabeth Newmarch 1372-1458
17th great-grandmother
Robert Newmarch 1390-1428
Son of Elizabeth Newmarch
Elizabeth Newmarch 1417-1467
Daughter of Robert Newmarch
Jane Neville 1432-1481
Daughter of Elizabeth Newmarch
Isabel Gascoigne 1460-1513
Daughter of Jane Neville
Margaret Pigot 1492-1531
Daughter of Isabel Gascoigne
Elizabeth Metcalfe 1528-1625
Daughter of Margaret Pigot
Charles Layton 1567-1618
Son of Elizabeth Metcalfe
(Sir) Thomas Layton 1597-1651
Son of Charles Layton
Catherine Layton 1618-1686
Daughter of (Sir) Thomas Layton
Layton (Laton) Eden Vicar of Hartburn 1645-1735
Son of Catherine Layton
Jane Eden 1710-1798
Daughter of Layton (Laton) Eden Vicar of Hartburn
Margaret Harle 1734-1818
Daughter of Jane Eden
George Eden Meggison 1756-1815
Son of Margaret Harle
Thomas Meggison 1803-1883
Son of George Eden Meggison
Thomas Cuthbert Meggison 1847-1924
Son of Thomas Meggison
Thomas Bernard Meggison 1877-1965
Son of Thomas Cuthbert Meggison
Ernest Joseph Meggison 1914-1995
Son of Thomas Bernard Meggison
Thomas Frederick Meggison 1944-
Son of Ernest Joseph Meggison
Michael Thomas Meggison
Michael Rochester
2021-02-22 04:11:44 UTC
Post by Michael Rochester
I am a descendant of Sir Hugh Newmarch, whose daughter Elizabeth married Sir Ralph Newmarch. I saw a thread here regarding Elizabeth's ind entity (Dough Richardson perhaps started the thread), as the daughter of Sr Hugh Newmarch, by wife Aline. Poking around the net, I found a lineage to the original Adam, with spouses shown. Has this been tested and is this lineage on solid bearings?
Aline --- has been identified in these two places as a Bella Aqua, which became Bellew.
Saw a snippet here:
Found inside – Page 75
... one belonging to the Newmarch ( Novo - Mercato ) family , the other to the Malets . The Newmarches subinfeudated their lands at Bolton to the family of Bellew ( Bella Aqua ) , and on 15 June , 1317 , Stephen de Bellew obtained a licence in ...
https://www.google.com/books/edition/An_Historical_and_Architectural_Descript/uKTkAAAAMAAJ?hl=en&gbpv=1&bsq=bella+aqua+newmarch&dq=bella+aqua+newmarch&printsec=frontcover
More Newmarch - Bella Aqua references:
https://www.google.com/books/edition/Collectanea_Topographica_Et_Genealogica/180KAAAAYAAJ?hl=en&gbpv=1&dq=bella+aqua+newmarch&pg=PA394&printsec=frontcover
https://www.google.com/books/edition/The_Yorkshire_Archaeological_Journal/0wcVAAAAQAAJ?hl=en&gbpv=1&dq=bella+aqua+newmarch&pg=PA361&printsec=frontcover
wjhonson
2021-02-24 20:19:00 UTC
Post by Michael Rochester
[...]
We do not have any evidence that Elizabeth was born in 1372
We do not have any evidence that her son was born in 1390
Michael Rochester
2021-02-26 05:52:01 UTC
They are estimations and educated guesses; the "circas" do not show when I copy the lineage
wjhonson
2021-02-26 16:01:25 UTC
Post by wjhonson
We do not have any evidence that Elizabeth was born in 1372
We do not have any evidence that her son was born in 1390
You are choosing to copy the line in this fashion.
Stop doing that.

Elizabeth was not even born CIRCA 1372
We do not even known in *what decade* she was born
We literally have almost *no clues whatsoever*

By doing this you are giving false hope and false claims to people who do not comprehend the situation.
wjhonson
2021-02-26 16:02:03 UTC
Post by wjhonson
We do not have any evidence that Elizabeth was born in 1372
We do not have any evidence that her son was born in 1390
Estimates must be based on *some* thing
Your estimates here are based on *no* thing
Michael Rochester
2021-02-26 18:04:49 UTC
Not true. Deaths, when possible, are based on last evidences of their existence, fertility of women, and to manage a DB with 95K people. Many common names abound and I don't want to accidentally merge two people who are actually two distinct people.
Steve Barnhoorn
2021-02-26 18:55:03 UTC
In the time I have explored my medieval ancestors, I have seen numerous instances where ages were given in depositions and in Inquisitions Post Mortems. Perhaps that is where the birth date estimates have come into play. Just saying.
wjhonson
2021-02-27 16:14:20 UTC
Post by Michael Rochester
Post by wjhonson
Estimates must be based on *some* thing
Your estimates here are based on *no* thing
Not true. Deaths, when possible, are based on last evidences of their existence, fertility of women, and to manage a DB with 95K people. Many common names abound and I don't want to accidentally merge two people who are actually two distinct people.
Oh gee 95 thousand
NINETY FIVE THOUSAND folks!!!!

I'm sorry you're so defensive but dozens of the people who read and write here passed 95 thousand decades ago.
I really don't know why you think it's useful to keep insisting how great you are
PROVE it but being useful, stop being sloppy, and get over yourself
No One Here thinks you're better than a beginner
No one
taf
2021-02-27 21:02:53 UTC
No One Here thinks you're better than a beginner
No one
Really? I don't recall being asked. Arbitrarily projecting your personal opinions onto the entire larger group of participants doesn't really meet the standard of fastidiousness you have been demanding of others.

taf
Michael Rochester
2021-02-27 21:09:51 UTC
The guy always arguing with Doug Richardson? Oh, you are the one. Greetings! :)
Michael Rochester
2021-02-27 21:09:11 UTC
Show me your publication list. You won't do it...beginner. ;)

That's because you do your work at home and input it on a computer. Good boy! You are just a blowhard behind a computer. You are the greatest lonely guy around, Billy. Cheers!
No one
Michael Rochester
2021-02-27 21:11:23 UTC
Still waiting for your publication list, Billy.

None? Come on Billy, this is not your crazy aunt's genealogy, good boy.

Get yourself together.

Still waiting for your publication list.
Bronwen Edwards
No one
Bronwen Edwards
Every time I think I have finally learned how to post a reply in this format, the gates to hell open up. I hope all those snarky remarks by jonson were spoken in front of a mirror. Still waiting to see if he ever does and publishes independent research. Beyond a self-ingratiating site of his own making. Don't let him get you down. It's like being tagged "hated by trump" to be put down by jonson.
Bronwen Edwards