Demolition of DUNHAM of Scrooby [Long]
d***@gmail.com
2017-05-11 04:01:27 UTC
Since it is usual that people have a difficult time giving up what has so long
been familiar, I post the following to finish this thing off once and for all.
snip
If I were a Dunham descendant, I would be grateful to have an account of the
real marriage and origin of the immigrant John Dunham in Bedfordshire as
published in TAG and a possible father, which traces the line back with real
records as far as what is left of the fake ancestry.
I am a Dunham descendant who initially got caught up in the faux Dunham lineage; however, I am now scrupulous about vetting my family tree. I believe there is a real father for the immigrant John Dunham (source and details are shown below).

Source: England \u0026amp; Wales\u002C Christening Index\u002C 1530-1980

Name John Dunham
Gender Male
Christening Date 8 Feb 1589
Christening Place Pirton, Hertfordshire, England
Phillimore Ecclesiastical Parish Map 12369
Father Richard Dunham

Household Members
Name Age
John Dunham
Richard Dunham

The above information is probably old news to many Dunham-watchers, but there are still people buying into and perpetuating the glamour of knighthood and pageantry of the misdirection held sway for so long. For example, on ancestry.com someone uploaded a portrait of "Sir John Dunham" that I discovered to be Titian's Portrait of Federico II Gonzaga. Go figure.

sed
Patricia Junkin

Mike Clifford
2021-08-16 15:00:51 UTC
Post by d***@gmail.com
[...]
I presume that you are aware of the Nicholas and Henry Dounham of Luton Bedfordshire extant January 22nd 1417 / 18 https://babel.hathitrust.org/cgi/pt?id=njp.32101076189842&view=1up&seq=72&skin=2021&q1=dounham
Mike