Joan Of Arc. Family Descendants..
Add Reply
s***@gmail.com
2018-03-25 10:04:16 UTC
Is there anybody in her family now?? Her descendents?
s***@gmail.com
2018-03-25 10:06:28 UTC
Is there anybody in her family now? Her descendents?
r***@gmail.com
2018-03-25 17:23:34 UTC
Caveat: I am only sharing this website. I have not researched this and I DO NOT vouchsafe it’s accuracy.

It does appear St. Joan had a brother, Pierre who married and had children. This may be a starting point: https://web.archive.org/web/20120208020617/http://www.stjoan-center.com/topics/Descendents_of_Pierre_dArc.htm
j***@gmail.com
2018-11-03 23:49:52 UTC
My grandmother born in 1933 had told me years ago that we are blood relatives to Joan of Arc. My grandmother (Anne Marie Duvall-Barnhart) was born in (I believe) Nancy, France on June 3, 1933. I am unaware of her parents names but I do know that she had an older sister named Michelle. No other siblings. That is all I know but I have a burning desire to trace this back. Can anyone help me?

If any help to this inquiry, Anne married Clyde Lawrence Barnhart on April 5, 1954 (I believe) He was in the American Airlines Force and met her in France while stationed there. They were married shortly after and she moved to America and lived. She is still living but very frail on this day, Nov. 3, 2018. Thank you for any help or information that you could provide.
taf
2018-11-04 01:48:51 UTC
Post by j***@gmail.com
My grandmother born in 1933 had told me years ago that we are blood relatives to Joan of Arc. My grandmother (Anne Marie Duvall-Barnhart) was born in (I believe) Nancy, France on June 3, 1933. I am unaware of her parents names but I do know that she had an older sister named Michelle. No other siblings. That is all I know but I have a burning desire to trace this back. Can anyone help me?
I have some advice, but you are not going to like it. The advice is that there is no substitute for doing your genealogy the same way, whether your family has a tradition of someone famous back the tree or not.

Even were the tradition true (and almost all such traditions aren't), you would have in the neighborhood of 100,000,000 different possible ancestral lines back to Joan's time, making it completely impracticable to trace them all. Likewise, when people do genealogy with a goal - 'I want to find a line that traces to X' - they tend to do bad genealogy because they reach conclusions based on the goal and not the evidence.

So, all you can do is use the French civil records to find your grandmother's parents, then their parents, etc., and follow it wherever it leads. With luck, you will get some of the lines back to the 17th century, and perhaps a few earlier yet. With even more luck you may find a connection to a family that can be traced to medieval times. That is when this group can help you.