Philip Green of Bollington & Pulton's relationship with the Greene's of Greene's Norton
Add Reply
Richard ACHESON
2020-06-19 02:30:45 UTC
I'm curious if anyone knows of a familial relationship between Philip Green of Bollington and Pulton with the Greene's of Greene's Norton? I've found suggestions that the two families were related in some degree.

1) Philip Green of Bollington & Pulton (b. c. 1480)

https://play.google.com/books/reader?id=DX4_AQAAMAAJ&hl=en&pg=GBS.PA1143

2) Catherine Greene of Poulton-Lancelyn (b. c. 1505) m. Thomas Gregge of Denbigh & Bradley, Appleton, Cheshire, England

https://archive.org/details/recordsociety58recouoft/page/110/mode/2up

Katherine is described as of Poulton-Lancelyn. Given the rough year of her birth and that she and her husband named their son Ralph, it perhaps suggests that she has some relationship to the Ralph Greene whose son & heir Randolph/Randle married heiress Elizabeth Launcelyn (dau. of William)?

3) Ralph Gregge of Bradley, Appleton, Cheshire, England m. Ann Starkey of Shaw House, Stretton, Cheshire, England

https://archive.org/details/recordsociety58recouoft/page/112/mode/2up

4) Thomas Gregge, Gent. of Bradley, Appleton, Cheshire, England (b. c. 1560; d. aft. 1613) m. Katherine Brooke of Upton, Chester, England

https://play.google.com/books/reader?id=DX4_AQAAMAAJ&hl=en&pg=GBS.PA1144

5) Elizabeth Gregge m(1) Thomas Hanbury, Esq. of Worcester County and Buriton, Hampshire, England (b. 1572; m. 8 Jan 1609/10 Owlesbury, Hampshire, England; d. 24 July 1617); m(2) Thomas Taylor, Esq.

https://www.google.com/books/edition/Notes_and_Queries/SExZpjPyNEgC?hl=en&gbpv=1&dq=Thomas+Hanbury+Elizabeth+Gregge&pg=PA432&printsec=frontcover

6) Barbara Hanbury m. William Taylor, Esq. of Bradley, Hampshire, England

https://play.google.com/books/reader?id=HxcwAAAAYAAJ&hl=en&pg=GBS.PA126

7) Elizabeth Taylor m. Robert Tufton “Mason”, Esq.

Your kind, and gentle, and patient insights are always appreciated!
Richard ACHESON
2020-06-19 02:46:35 UTC
Before someone takes out the Tar and Feathers I'd better clear up my illusion to the Poulton-Lancely/Greene's Norton relationship. Please see line 1 then the notes at the bottom.

https://play.google.com/books/reader?id=V60EAAAAIAAJ&printsec=frontcover&pg=GBS.PA25