Agnes de Windsor
Loren Varga
2021-08-24 19:59:28 UTC
Dear Group: I am looking for clarification on the parentage of Agnes de Windsor wife of Richard Fortescue. In a Visitation pedigree (Sussex) under Moyle she is listed as a daughter of a Thomas Windsor and Alice Hallacombe.

In a book published in 1869 by John Fortescue entitled "The Works of Sir John Fortescue Knight" she is listed as the daughter of Walter de Windsor in Yealmpton.

Most sites on the internet have her as a daughter of Richard Windsor and Christian Faulkner.

Which ever Windsor was her father did he descend from the line of James Windsor of Stanwell?

Thanks in advance for any information!
Regards:
Loren
Loren Varga
Dear Group: I came across another source for the parentage of Agnes Windsor wife of Richard Fortescue.This one entitled, "The chorographical Description or survey of the County of Devon" by Tristram Risdon 1811,p.389 where it states the following line for Agnes, Agnes wife of Richard Fortescue ,daughter of Nicholas Windsor son of John Windsor son of Elias Windsor son of Henry Windsor.
J. Sardina
2021-08-30 17:46:56 UTC
Post by Loren Varga
Post by Loren Varga
[...]
Hello,
I am not sure if the information at Google books on sir Adrian Fortescue may be of help, but perhaps it gives some detail on previous generations of those families--apparently they intermarried more than once.

https://www.google.com/books/edition/The_Venerable_Sir_Adrian_Fortescue_Knigh/-7wxAQAAIAAJ?hl=en&gbpv=1&dq=windsor++fortescue+of+devon+esquires&pg=PA4&printsec=frontcover

J. Sardina