Yasmine von Hohenstaufen Anjou Plantagenet
Mézes de Debreczen et Rettegh
2010-04-18 11:15:04 UTC
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yasmine_von_Hohenstaufen_Anjou_Plantagenet

Wow, interresting fake. "A bit" funny the Hohenstaufen-Anjou-Plantagenet
name. Why do not realize that's ridiculous?
taf
2010-04-18 17:08:46 UTC
Post by Mézes de Debreczen et Rettegh
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yasmine_von_Hohenstaufen_Anjou_Plantagenet
Wow, interresting fake. "A bit" funny the Hohenstaufen-Anjou-Plantagenet
name. Why do not realize that's ridiculous?
I took a look at her web page. Wow! This is a woman who is severely
reality challenged when it comes to genealogy. She not only claims
descent from an invented son of Emp. Frederick II, but also from
"Griffen, son of Charles Martel". I bet this goes over well with her
colleagues in that collection of charlatans and freaks calling
themselves the European Council of Princes.

She is also in serious need of some guidance on web page design.

taf
Mézes de Debreczen et Rettegh
W***@aol.com
2010-04-18 20:33:22 UTC
In a message dated 4/18/2010 10:10:22 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
Post by taf
I took a look at her web page. Wow! This is a woman who is severely
reality challenged when it comes to genealogy. She not only claims
descent from an invented son of Emp. Frederick II, but also from
"Griffen, son of Charles Martel".>>
------------------

The french Wikipedia here (in translation)

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=fr&
u=http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Griffon_%28carolingien%29&ei=xWnLS4uRFYO2swPF48SQAw&sa=X&oi=translate&
ct=result&resnum=3&ved=0CBAQ7gEwAg&
prev=/search%3Fq%3DGriffin,%2Bson%2Bof%2B%2522Charles%2BMartel%2522%26num%3D50%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26safe%3Doff%26client
%3Dfirefox-a%26hs%3DcvG%26sa%3DX%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official

states that a Griffin did exist who was son of Charles Martel.

Are you saying that:
1) No such Griffin existed, he is made up OR
2) A Griffin existed but he was not son of Charles Martel OR
3) He existed and he was son of Charles Martel but he left no children

Will, Prince of Seborga
Nathaniel Taylor
2010-04-18 21:27:42 UTC
Post by taf
I took a look at her web page. Wow! This is a woman who is severely
reality challenged when it comes to genealogy. She not only claims
descent from an invented son of Emp. Frederick II, but also from
"Griffen, son of Charles Martel".>>
------------------
The french Wikipedia here states that a Griffin did exist who was son of Charles Martel.
1) No such Griffin existed, he is made up OR
2) A Griffin existed but he was not son of Charles Martel OR
3) He existed and he was son of Charles Martel but he left no children
Yes, there is a well-attested duke Griffo, son of Charles Martel. But
of him Settipani & Van Kerrebrouck say "no marriage or children are
known for him for certain, although, based on a commemorative list from
Remiremont, one might attribute to him two sons, named Griffo and
Charles, whose names immediately follow his own." (_La prehistoire des
Capetiens_, 178).

This 'Princess Yasmin' is a rather lame fantasist. She should NOT have
a Wikipedia page -- notability fail. Her only press notice comes from a
puff piece in the Telegraph ('O, those wacky foreigners') which was only
run as a followup to a previous puff piece on the tourist-micronation of
Seborga.

Nat Taylor
a genealogist's sketchbook:
http://www.nltaylor.net/sketchbook/
Mézes de Debreczen et Rettegh
Denis Beauregard
2010-04-19 13:32:44 UTC
On Mon, 19 Apr 2010 14:59:56 +0200, Mézes de Debreczen et Rettegh
Post by Mézes de Debreczen et Rettegh
Sometimes I can't understand the wikipedia, Why accept fake things about
fake people? Nice...
wikipedia is the best and the worst at the same time.

The best since it will cover nearly all subjects after some time, and
with references in most cases.

The worst because anyone can write anything. I know someone who knows
about nothing in genealogy and history and who put his own biography
in wikipedia where he pretends to be an historian. Then he can use
this piece of invention as a part of his presentation. Nobody will
control this kind of selfish page.

Also, the worst because using rephrasing, they can make years of work
almost useless and remove users from your site.

The worst because if the general or average opinion about a fact is
wrong, then someone writing something true (even with an explanation
or an analysis) will be considered as vandalizing the page or will
require a lot of debates to set the case.

Denis
--
Denis Beauregard - généalogiste émérite (FQSG)
Les Français d'Amérique du Nord - www.francogene.com/genealogie--quebec/
Sur cédérom à 1775 - On CD-ROM to 1775
Diana Gale Matthiesen
2010-04-20 00:00:38 UTC
If you think someone has posted false information on Wikipedia, the answer is to
correct it (i.e., register and edit it). Wikipedia does not blindly accept
challenged information, nor does it allow people to upload their own
biographies. If you object to an entry, you can initiate a debate behind the
scenes.

Diana
Denis
w***@aol.com
2010-04-20 08:56:12 UTC
The issue isn't really "accepting" it's "documenting".
That an article exists in Wikipedia doesn't mean it's accepted as reality by Wikipedians.
The event occurred and the article documents the event or the person, that's all.

the message
g***@gmail.com
2020-07-29 14:47:48 UTC
Post by taf
I took a look at her web page. Wow! This is a woman who is severely
reality challenged when it comes to genealogy. She not only claims
descent from an invented son of Emp. Frederick II, but also from
"Griffen, son of Charles Martel".>>Ma chi sono questi 4 accattoni che si permettono di criticare i veri RE!Quattro mafiosi di m...si permettono di opinare su mille secoli di imperatori.Quattro spacciatori di frottole imbroglioni di un borgo improvvisatosi come accattoni, su un trono di millesecoli d'imperatori, operano deterrenza diffamatoria, che è come una masturbazione di eunuchi impotenti!Siete solo un malloppo di patetici imbroglioncelli, mistificatori, accattoni di merda .Avete sputtanato la mistica graalica del borgo con le vostre corone di cartone e di improvvisate massaia con la spocchia di serve rampanti che vogliono sostituire i veri Re.Fatevi le seghe !I veri Re restano re e voi non siete un cazzo!Buffoni di merda! Siete solo attori della peggiore pro loco del pessimo gusto!Solo creatori di una giostra che ha persino stufato...Buffoni di periferia!