Markenfield
Nancy Piccirilli
2019-07-07 06:39:52 UTC
Hi everyone,
I am working on the ancestry of Sir Andrew Markenfield of Markenfield Hall, Yorks who is said to have died after 1357, son of John Markenfield. Online trees are very confusing- John Markenfield is said to have been both a knight and Chancellor of England under Edward II. Is this possible? Thanks for any information.
Nancy
wjhonson
2019-07-07 20:37:40 UTC
https://books.google.com/books?id=liZNAQAAMAAJ&dq=sir%20andrew%20markenfield&pg=PA287#v=onepage&q=sir%20andrew%20markenfield&f=true
Nancy Piccirilli
2019-07-07 23:41:51 UTC
Post by Nancy Piccirilli
Hi everyone,
I am working on the ancestry of Sir Andrew Markenfield of Markenfield Hall, Yorks who is said to have died after 1357, son of John Markenfield. Online trees are very confusing- John Markenfield is said to have been both a knight and Chancellor of England under Edward II. Is this possible? Thanks for any information.
Nancy
https://books.google.com/books?id=liZNAQAAMAAJ&dq=sir%20andrew%20markenfield&pg=PA287#v=onepage&q=sir%20andrew%20markenfield&f=true
Thank you Will. But is it possible that Sir John Markenfield, father of Andrew, was identical to John Markenfield, Chancellor of England? Was the Chancellor in Holy Orders?
Thanks,
Nancy
wjhonson
2019-07-08 20:02:28 UTC