Is this correct? William Wentworth "visited" New England, 1636, and has British descendants?
Johnny Brananas
2021-10-20 18:51:52 UTC
"Mr Beaumont is descended from William Wentworth, who visited New England in 1636, and several members of the family went on to hold prominent positions in colonial America."

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-tyne-58982457
John Higgins
2021-10-21 03:35:57 UTC
If the reference here is to William Wentworth of New Hampshire, I think the answer is "no". Wentworth Beaumont appears to be descended (in a female line) from the Wentworth baronets of Wet Bretton. AFAIK no connection has been found between these two Wentworth families - but I could be wrong....
Johnny Brananas
2021-10-21 13:49:15 UTC
Post by Johnny Brananas
"Mr Beaumont is descended from William Wentworth, who visited New England in 1636, and several members of the family went on to hold prominent positions in colonial America."
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-tyne-58982457
If the reference here is to William Wentworth of New Hampshire, I think the answer is "no". Wentworth Beaumont appears to be descended (in a female line) from the Wentworth baronets of Wet Bretton. AFAIK no connection has been found between these two Wentworth families - but I could be wrong....
Maybe an "easy" explanation why they had the 1652 New England shilling. Since there were other, much later American coins in the lot, the probability is that they were all acquired much more recently as a group.