Hastings of Little Easton, a valuable ESAH source online
Andrew Lancaster
2018-04-16 16:44:53 UTC
Possibly this has been noted already, but I did not see it...

Anyway who shares an interest with me in this family will be pleased to know that Clarence-Smith's 2 part article is now online: http://esah1852.org.uk/images/pdf/third-series/T3020000.pdf

(It has been discussed many times here. It has been an issue that researchers and publications are generally not aware of it.)

There seems to be a lot more of value on that website for The Essex Society for Archaeology and History!
John Higgins
2018-04-16 17:44:26 UTC
Post by Andrew Lancaster
Possibly this has been noted already, but I did not see it...
Anyway who shares an interest with me in this family will be pleased to know that Clarence-Smith's 2 part article is now online: http://esah1852.org.uk/images/pdf/third-series/T3020000.pdf
(It has been discussed many times here. It has been an issue that researchers and publications are generally not aware of it.)
There seems to be a lot more of value on that website for The Essex Society for Archaeology and History!
All of the volumes of the Transactions of the Essex Archaeological Society (and its successor publication) prior to 2000 appear to be downloadable at the Society's site here:
http://esah1852.org.uk/all-published-contents

A useful resource...
Andrew Lancaster
2018-04-16 19:08:25 UTC
Post by Andrew Lancaster
Possibly this has been noted already, but I did not see it...
Anyway who shares an interest with me in this family will be pleased to know that Clarence-Smith's 2 part article is now online: http://esah1852.org.uk/images/pdf/third-series/T3020000.pdf
(It has been discussed many times here. It has been an issue that researchers and publications are generally not aware of it.)
There seems to be a lot more of value on that website for The Essex Society for Archaeology and History!
http://esah1852.org.uk/all-published-contents
A useful resource...
I agree. Essex was quite an important gap in online resources.