Athanasius duke of naples mother?
n***@gmail.com
2018-02-26 17:52:49 UTC
Who was Athanasius mother? And was he syrian amd greek?
v***@gmail.com
2018-03-12 19:55:02 UTC
Post by n***@gmail.com
Who was Athanasius mother? And was he syrian amd greek?
Accordind to T. Stasser (où sont les femmes? - 2008) :
Athanasius I (+872)'s mother : Drosu, of noble family ("on a pas d'autres informations à son sujet")
People from Naples I think
n***@gmail.com
2018-04-01 07:59:22 UTC
Did he marry a Syrian woman?
Peter Stewart
2018-04-01 13:14:54 UTC
Post by v***@gmail.com
Post by n***@gmail.com
Who was Athanasius mother? And was he syrian amd greek?
Athanasius I (+872)'s mother : Drosu, of noble family ("on a pas d'autres informations à son sujet")
People from Naples I think
This Drosu was the mother of Athanasius I, bishop of Naples - the question was about the mother of his nephew bishop Athanasius II, who became duke of Naples and died in March or April 898. The name and family of the latter's mother are unknown. His father Gregorius III was a brother of Athanasius I.

Seven ladies named Drosu are listed in Stasser's index, but there is no indication of where their name originated. Although it had the variant spelling Drusu, I can't imagine any reason to suppose it is connected to the Druze (if that's where the notion of Syrian came from).

Peter Stewart
n***@gmail.com
2018-05-13 20:49:41 UTC
What about the duke athanasius 1 ? Son on gregorius iii duke of Naples? What about that athanasius who was his mother?
Peter Stewart
2018-05-14 01:05:28 UTC
Post by n***@gmail.com
What about the duke athanasius 1 ? Son on gregorius iii duke of Naples? What about that athanasius who was his mother?
Her name and family origin are unknown.

Peter Stewart
n***@gmail.com
2018-05-17 16:07:20 UTC
They were Greek I heard they were greek?
HWinnSadler
2018-05-17 18:28:12 UTC
Where did you hear they were Greek? Did the place you heard it at cite a primary source? It's possible considering the area he lived in, but if there's no source it's just another guess.
n***@gmail.com
2018-05-20 18:20:25 UTC
A genealogist told me that he was most likely Greek.