Thomas Naunton m Margerie Brusyard
2020-07-07 20:22:39 UTC
Speaking of the pretentious Naunton's who dared to claim such a utterly ridiculous descent from the Earl of Oxford, that a child could destroy their claim with one word....

Thomas Naunton who m Margerie Brusyard and (he) was living in 1498, has a claim that he was living under H5 (who only reigned one year 1483)

Does anyone know what the basis of that claim might be?
I would like to decide if he was already an adult by that year or something other
John Higgins
2020-07-07 21:24:21 UTC
I assume you mean E5, not H5...
wjhonson
2020-07-07 21:31:01 UTC
Oops yes
taf
2020-07-07 22:29:13 UTC
Speaking of the pretentious Naunton's who dared to claim such a utterly ridiculous descent from the Earl of Oxford, that a child could destroy their claim with one word....
Thomas Naunton who m Margerie Brusyard and (he) was living in 1498, has a claim that he was living under H5 (who only reigned one year 1483)
I assume you mean E5, not H5...
Oops yes
I think it highly suspect that anyone would use the ephemeral reign of Edward V for dating.

2020-07-07 22:40:55 UTC
It does seem likely that to use that reign, something specific must have happened
taf
2020-07-07 23:01:24 UTC
It does seem likely that to use that reign, something specific must have happened
Not to me. To me it seems likely that it is either an error (for Ed IV or Henry V) or just plain made up.