Thorp Parva in Curia Regis
s***@gmail.com
2019-12-25 07:47:08 UTC
Thorp Parva in Norfolk is said to have been released in 1206 by one William de Weston to Alan Pictaviensis, later known as Alan de Goldingham. The source given by Blomefield is Placita 8 John rot. 1 in dorso. I assume this would be found in Curia Regis Rolls vol IV, but this volume does not seem to be available online. I have found no other references to an Alan de Goldingham being previously styled Pictaviensis, but there seems no doubt that in the 13th century Goldinghams held Thorp Parva, for in 1303 Daniel de Beccles held Thorp Parva of a later Alan de Goldingham (Feudal Aids) - this is Sir Alan de Goldingham of Belstead, who d. c. 1315.
Might I appeal please to anyone who has access to this volume of Curia Regis to kindly provide me with a transcript of the relevant record?
Season's greetings to all
Saba Risaluddin (née Goldingham)
s***@gmail.com
2019-12-31 04:44:56 UTC
Post by s***@gmail.com
Thorp Parva in Norfolk is said to have been released in 1206 by one William de Weston to Alan Pictaviensis, later known as Alan de Goldingham. The source given by Blomefield is Placita 8 John rot. 1 in dorso. I assume this would be found in Curia Regis Rolls vol IV, but this volume does not seem to be available online. I have found no other references to an Alan de Goldingham being previously styled Pictaviensis, but there seems no doubt that in the 13th century Goldinghams held Thorp Parva, for in 1303 Daniel de Beccles held Thorp Parva of a later Alan de Goldingham (Feudal Aids) - this is Sir Alan de Goldingham of Belstead, who d. c. 1315.
Might I appeal please to anyone who has access to this volume of Curia Regis to kindly provide me with a transcript of the relevant record?
Season's greetings to all
Saba Risaluddin (née Goldingham)
A note to all who viewed this - after further extensive searching I have found the source.
Happy New Year to all