Access to Leo's Genealogics
WLM
2020-08-10 17:59:24 UTC
I have gotten a "this site can't be reached" notice for several days now on Leo's https://www.genealogics.org/ site. I searched earlier soc.gen messages and could only find a reference to attempts to keep it going after his death. Has that effort been discontinued? Or is there a new address for access? Or is my computer just aggravating me again?

Thanks in advance for any insight.

WLM
John Higgins
2020-08-10 18:09:46 UTC
Post by WLM
I have gotten a "this site can't be reached" notice for several days now on Leo's https://www.genealogics.org/ site. I searched earlier soc.gen messages and could only find a reference to attempts to keep it going after his death. Has that effort been discontinued? Or is there a new address for access? Or is my computer just aggravating me again?
Thanks in advance for any insight.
WLM
Your last answer is the correct one. :-)

I just accessed the Genelogics website using the address above, and several times over the past few days without problem. I've also had email exchanges with Ian Fettes over the past few days - with no indication that there are system problems.
Josiah de la Motte
donna.hart...@gmail.com
2020-08-11 10:20:24 UTC
I have gotten a "this site can't be reached" notice for several days now on Leo's https://www.genealogics.org/ site. I searched earlier soc.gen messages and could only find a reference to attempts to keep it going after his death. Has that effort been discontinued? Or is there a new address for access? Or is my computer just aggravating me again?
Thanks in advance for any insight.
WLM
Works just fine for me from my laptop. I have accessed the site several times over the last week.

Donna Hartley