Christopher Robertson b. 1620 (Scot.?) d. 1663 Va., need parents & siblings
don
2008-03-27 14:42:47 UTC
Does any know who the siblings & parents are of Christopher Robertson
b. ca. 1620 somewhere in (Scotland ?) d. 1663 Chesterfield Co.,Va.,
wife Marie. Emigrated ca. 1642 to Bristol Parish, Va.
Did he have any other children other than Christopher Robertson II b.
ca. 1650 Henrico Co.,Va.?
Thank you
Don
D. Spencer Hines

Don
d***@gmail.com
2019-07-16 03:48:37 UTC
Post by don
Does any know who the siblings & parents are of Christopher Robertson
b. ca. 1620 somewhere in (Scotland ?) d. 1663 Chesterfield Co.,Va.,
wife Marie. Emigrated ca. 1642 to Bristol Parish, Va.
Did he have any other children other than Christopher Robertson II b.
ca. 1650 Henrico Co.,Va.?
Thank you
Don
CHECK HERE. I just found a ton of stuff on my Robertson bloodline. May have the answers you're or were looking for. If you're still looking 11 years later after this post lol.
Hope it helps. Mike Robertson

http://www.robisonandblythe.org/familygroup.php?familyID=F2782&tree=RobisonandBlythe

http://www.robisonandblythe.org/familygroup.php?familyID=F2782&tree=RobisonandBlythe
c***@dickinson.uk.net
2019-07-18 11:39:09 UTC
Post by d***@gmail.com
Post by don
Does any know who the siblings & parents are of Christopher Robertson
b. ca. 1620 somewhere in (Scotland ?) d. 1663 Chesterfield Co.,Va.,
wife Marie. Emigrated ca. 1642 to Bristol Parish, Va.
Did he have any other children other than Christopher Robertson II b.
ca. 1650 Henrico Co.,Va.?
Thank you
Don
CHECK HERE. I just found a ton of stuff on my Robertson bloodline. May have the answers you're or were looking for. If you're still looking 11 years later after this post lol.
Hope it helps. Mike Robertson
http://www.robisonandblythe.org/familygroup.php?familyID=F2782&tree=RobisonandBlythe
http://www.robisonandblythe.org/familygroup.php?familyID=F2782&tree=RobisonandBlythe
Your 11 year later reply did encourage me to look through my Robertson/Robinson files. Of course, there are two problems: the surname is very common; and the spelling varies between '-in-' and '-ert-'.

However, I do have a candidate in Cumberland. Close enough to Scotland, and the dialect is close enough too.

This is Christopher Robinson, baptised 5 Feb 1615 (?16) in Lamplugh, Cumberland. He was the son of Michael Robinson (described as Michael Robertson at his burial) and Ellen Lawrence. A number of siblings. The family seem to be connected with milling/fulling.

No doubt there are loads of Christophers, but one fact might support an emigration to Virginia. In 1642, John Lamplugh of Lamplugh Hall was raising a troop of infantry for the king. Christopher does appear in the Protestation, but not in any later record (as far as I'm currently aware).

http://rumbutter.info/gen/cumb/cd/protestation/lamplugh

Chris
P J Evans
Thanks - it's useful in my research, also!
c***@dickinson.uk.net
2019-07-18 20:10:42 UTC
Post by P J Evans
Post by d***@gmail.com
Post by don
Does any know who the siblings & parents are of Christopher Robertson
b. ca. 1620 somewhere in (Scotland ?) d. 1663 Chesterfield Co.,Va.,
wife Marie. Emigrated ca. 1642 to Bristol Parish, Va.
Did he have any other children other than Christopher Robertson II b.
ca. 1650 Henrico Co.,Va.?
Thank you
Don
CHECK HERE. I just found a ton of stuff on my Robertson bloodline. May have the answers you're or were looking for. If you're still looking 11 years later after this post lol.
Hope it helps. Mike Robertson
http://www.robisonandblythe.org/familygroup.php?familyID=F2782&tree=RobisonandBlythe
http://www.robisonandblythe.org/familygroup.php?familyID=F2782&tree=RobisonandBlythe
Thanks - it's useful in my research, also!
Glad to have been of help. There is a typo in my original post, the Lamplugh troop was raised in 1643.

This Robinson/Robertson family were at a hamlet named 'High Trees':

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?x=308258&y=519983&z=115&sv=308258,519983&st=4&ar=y&mapp=map.srf&searchp=ids.srf&dn=696&ax=308258&ay=519983&lm=0

and the parish register has a 'Dobinson'[sic]/Robertson family there in the 1580s/90s. The surviving register starts in 1581.

It would be interesting to me if this were the same man. It might suggest that at least some weren't interested in fighting on the King's side. It might also be interesting in showing an early Cumbrian interest in Virginia - this didn't really get going until some time after the development of Whitehaven in the 1650s.

Chris