Neil Alden Armstrong mission commander of the Apollo 11 manned space flight to the Moon.
Olivier
2019-07-20 17:04:57 UTC
Hi everybody

i've heard that Neil Armstrong was a King Edward I descendant.

True or false ?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Olivier
P J Evans
I found one genealogy for him online that claims this, but without citations, it's extremely questionable.
p***@gmail.com
2019-07-21 04:18:40 UTC
The only ancestry I see that is non-German or Dutch in origin is either from Virginia or Maryland. The claimed ancestry in Maryland goes back to potentially both Matthew Howard and Edward Dorsey, both of whom have false claims of ancestry that have been discussed on this forum. (That is probably where the statement comes from.)

There are also probably spurious claims for the origin of William Griffith, Thomas Beeson, Humphrey Belt, etc.

I don't see any other lines that look promising, unless someone has traced something into Northern Ireland or Scotland that somehow has a miraculously documented descent back to royalty, or done a remarkable discovery that should be published as new scholarly research.
Olivier
2019-07-21 17:33:36 UTC
Post by p***@gmail.com
The only ancestry I see that is non-German or Dutch in origin is either from Virginia or Maryland. The claimed ancestry in Maryland goes back to potentially both Matthew Howard and Edward Dorsey, both of whom have false claims of ancestry that have been discussed on this forum. (That is probably where the statement comes from.)
There are also probably spurious claims for the origin of William Griffith, Thomas Beeson, Humphrey Belt, etc.
I don't see any other lines that look promising, unless someone has traced something into Northern Ireland or Scotland that somehow has a miraculously documented descent back to royalty, or done a remarkable discovery that should be published as new scholarly research.
Thanks a lot for your answer.
Regards,
Olivier