Agnes Harris, Gateway Ancestor
ninimimi3116
2021-10-25 23:47:01 UTC
First of all, thank you for all your posts about gateway ancestors and their royal/noble ancestors. I have found great information on the ones I have researched for family members: Governor Thomas Dudley (father-in-law), Robert Abell (son-in-law), Peter Bulkeley and his two wives (nephew and mother-in-law), Edward Raynesford (daughter-in-law), and now Agnes Harris (daughter's mother-in-law). This is the line from Royal Ancestry by Douglas Richardson, 2013, from Alice of Normandy to Agnes Harris and I hope it is still accurate:

Alice of Normandy=Lambert, Count of Lens
Judith of Lens=Waltheof, Earl of Northumberland
Alice of Northumberland=Ralph de Tony
Roger de Tony=Ida of Hainault
Godehilde de Tony=William de Mohun
Reynold de Mohun=Alice Briwerre
Sir Reynold de Mohun=Hawise Fitz Geoffrey
Alice de Mohun=Robert V de Beauchamp
Sir Humphrey de Beauchamp=Sibyl Oliver
Sir John de Beauchamp=Elizabeth or Joan?
Sir John de Beauchamp=Margaret de Whalesburgh
Elizabeth Beauchamp=William Fortescue
William Fortescue=Matilda, Maud or Mabel Falwell
John Fortescue=Joan Prutteston
Joane or Jane Fortescue=Thomas Hext
Thomas Hext=Wilmot Poyntz
Margery Hext=John Collamore
Henry Collamore=Margaret Blight
Elizabeth Collamore=Bartholomew Harris
Agnes Harris=William Spencer

Here is the line from The Royal Descents of 900 Immigrants for Hugh Capet to Agnes Harris:

Hugh Capet, King of France=Adelaide (of Poitou?)
Edith of France=Rainier IV, Count of Hainault
Beatrix of Hainault=Ebels I, Count of Roucy
Alice of Roucy=Hildouin IV, Count of Montdidier
Adeliza (Alice) of Clermont=Gilbert de Clare
Richard de Clare=Adeliza de Meschines
Roger de Clare, 2nd Earl of Hertford=Maud de St. Hilary
Aveline de Clare=Geoffrey FitzPiers, Earl of Essex?
Hawise FitzGeoffrey=Sir Reynold de Mohun
Alice de Mohun=Robert V de Beauchamp
Sir Humphrey de Beauchamp=Sybil Oliver
Sir John Beauchamp=Joan de Nonant or just Joan?
Sir John Beauchamp=Margaret Whalesburgh
Elizabeth Beauchamp=William Fortescue
William Fortescue=Matilda Falwell
John Fortescue=Joan Prutteston
Joan Fortescue=Thomas Hext
Thomas Hext=Wilmot Poyntz
Margery Hext=John Collamore
Henry Collamore=Margaret Blight
Elizabeth Collamore=Bartholomew Harris
Agnes Harris=William Spencer, also Agnes Harris=William Edwards

Sometimes there are changes after publication.

Now, here is where I am going to embarrass myself. When I found the Agnes Harris line in The Royal Descents of 900 Immigrants book, I saw a note at the bottom about the extension of the line to possibly William Blackmore of Scituate, Massachusetts (1640-1676). I have William Blackmore as an ancestor and I have never found a Gateway Royal/Noble line for myself, even with 98% ethnicity of England/Northwestern Europe/Ireland/Wales/Scotland with 2% Sweden and Denmark thrown in for good measure . I know people have said it is nonsense, but is there any truth to it at all? Has there been any other information about the Collamore/Blackmore connection other than what is cited in RA and the History of Scituate, Mass by Samuel Deane and the Three Blackmore Genealogies compiles by Alven Martyn Smith? I am especially intrigued by Peter Collamore of Hartford giving land and money to the children of William and Elizabeth Blackmore in his will of 1684 before he mentions his heir Anthony Collamore and his children.

Thank you for reading this. I would appreciate any advice or help.

Valerie
Olivier
2021-10-26 13:12:59 UTC
Post by ninimimi3116
[...]
Agnes Harris 1604-1680

Génération 2

Sosa 3 - Elizabeth Collamore 1566-1647

Génération 3

Sosa 6 - Henry Collamore †1625

Génération 4

Sosa 13 - Margery Hext †1551

Génération 5

Sosa 26 - Thomas Hext

Génération 6

Sosa 53 - Joan Fortescue

Génération 7

Sosa 106 - John Fortescue 1420-1481

Génération 8

Sosa 212 - William Fortescue ca 1385-1410/

Génération 9

Sosa 425 - Elizabeth de Beauchamp 1349-

Génération 10

Sosa 850 - John de Beauchamp 1315-1349

Génération 11

Sosa 1 700 - John de Beauchamp

Génération 12

Sosa 3 400 - Humphrey de Beauchamp 1253-1317

Génération 13

Sosa 6 800 - Robert IV de Beauchamp †1265..1266
Sosa 6 801 - Alice de Mohun 1224-1284

Génération 14

Sosa 13 600 - Robert de Beauchamp 1191
Sosa 13 602 - Reginald de Mohun †1256
Sosa 13 603 - Hawise FitzGeoffrey †/1247

Génération 15

Sosa 27 200 - Robert FitzGeoffrey de Beauchamp
Sosa 27 204 - Reginald de Mohun †1213
Sosa 27 206 - Geoffrey FitzPiers, Earl of Essex /1189-1213
Sosa 27 207 - Aveline de Clare 1165-/1225

Génération 16

Sosa 54 400 - Geoffrey de Mandeville, Earl of Essex †1166
Sosa 54 408 - William de Mohun †1193
Sosa 54 413 - Maud de Mandeville 1136-
Sosa 54 414 - Roger de Clare, Earl of Hertford 1115/-1173

Génération 17

Sosa 108 801 - Rohese de Vere 1103-1166
Sosa 108 817 - Godehaut de Tosny 1130-
Sosa 108 828 - Richard de Clare, earl of Hertford 1099-1136

Génération 18

Sosa 217 603 - Alice de Clare †1163
Sosa 217 635 - Ida de Hainaut 1109-1162
Sosa 217 657 - Adélaïde de Clermont ca 1058-1117

Génération 19

Sosa 435 270 - Baudouin III, comte de Hainaut ca 1087-1120
Sosa 435 315 - Marguerite de Roucy ca 1045-1103/

Génération 20

Sosa 870 540 - Baudouin, comte de Hainaut 1056-1098
Sosa 870 631 - Alix, comtesse de Roucy 1015..1020-1062

Génération 21

Sosa 1 741 080 - Baudouin de Flandre, comte de Hainaut 1030-1070
Sosa 1 741 263 - Béatrix de Hainaut ca 1003-1040/

Génération 22

Sosa 3 482 161 - Adélaïde, comtesse de Corbie 1009-1079
Sosa 3 482 527 - Hedwige, princesse de France ca 970-1013/

Génération 23

Sosa 6 964 322 - Robert II le Pieux, roi des Francs 972-1031
Sosa 6 965 054 - Hugues Capet, roi des Francs 939..941-996
taf
2021-10-26 13:56:46 UTC
Post by Olivier
Génération 14
Sosa 13 600 - Robert de Beauchamp 1191
Génération 15
Sosa 27 200 - Robert FitzGeoffrey de Beauchamp
Génération 16
Sosa 54 400 - Geoffrey de Mandeville, Earl of Essex †1166
Geoffrey de Mandeville, Earl of Essex, was childless. This is not where the Beauchamps of Hache came from.