Does anyone have access to the Pipe Rolls, vols 40, 41 (NS vols 2, 3)?
Add Reply
Wibs
2019-06-24 14:54:44 UTC
Hi guys,

do any of you have access to the Pipe Rolls, vols 40, 41 (NS vols 2, 3)?

I live in Spain and no library here has them.

I am looking for the word or name 'Spigurnel', which (according to the search only facility in Hathitrust)occurs in Vol 40 (NS 2), p. 301, and in vol 41 (NS 3), p. xiv

I would be most grateful.

Thanks

Wibs
p***@yahoo.ca
2019-06-25 00:08:38 UTC
The pipe rolls are available on both the Internet Archive and Hathi Trust sites.
Wibs
2019-06-25 09:52:30 UTC
Post by p***@yahoo.ca
The pipe rolls are available on both the Internet Archive and Hathi Trust sites.
Hi Peter, unfortunately only Hathitrust has the two volumes, and only in limited (search only) mode.

Wibs
TGB
2019-07-16 09:24:02 UTC
Vol.40, p.301: Mich. 1192 London' et Middelsex ... Et Ricardo de Spigurnel xxviii d. pro cera ad brevia de plurabis de negociis R. sigilanda per breve R.

Vol.41, p.xiv: ... On the London and Middlesex account payments were made ... to the Spigurnel "for wax to seal the summonses sent to the barons through England on account of the army of Gloucester"

Note: the Spigurnel or spigurnels were the sealer(s) of writs in chancery
1***@gmail.com