New google groups error
Add Reply
joseph cook
2020-06-25 02:34:52 UTC
When I am forced to the new google groups format, I cannot respond to any conversations here, or even start a new topic. I tried 'subscribing'/'joining' but no luck. "You don't have permission to post.."

Anyone else using google groups encounter this?

Joe C
Ian Goddard
2020-06-25 14:08:46 UTC
Post by joseph cook
When I am forced to the new google groups format, I cannot respond to any conversations here, or even start a new topic. I tried 'subscribing'/'joining' but no luck. "You don't have permission to post.."
Anyone else using google groups encounter this?
Try a free Usenet server such as https://www.eternal-september.org/ or
https://www.aioe.org/ or an inexpensive paid one such as
https://news.individual.net/

Choose a reader from
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Usenet_newsreaders

Ian
Vance Mead
2020-06-26 04:28:40 UTC
I looked at that too. I couldn't post or start a new message.
John Higgins
2020-06-26 04:35:39 UTC
Post by Vance Mead
I looked at that too. I couldn't post or start a new message.
I wanted to "learn more" before attempting to "Try Groups" or "Visit new Groups". But the "Learn More" button doesn't even work.

I'll stay with the "old" Google Groups"...
Peter Stewart
2020-06-26 06:07:07 UTC
Post by Vance Mead
I looked at that too. I couldn't post or start a new message.
I wanted to "learn more" before attempting to "Try Groups" or "Visit new Groups". But the "Learn More" button doesn't even work.
I'll stay with the "old" Google Groups"...
I wonder what is supposed to be attractive about the new version, or for that matter what about the old Google Groups was thought to need a do-over in the first place, much less this peculiar one.

Can anyone explain it, or is it perhaps just another example of novelty-philiac IT junkies doing their compulsive junk?