George Herbert Walker Bush (1924 – 2018), a Plantagenet descendant
Add Reply
Olivier
2018-12-01 10:26:15 UTC
Edward III of Windsor, King of England is an ancestor of the 20th generation of George Bush.

Edward III of Windsor, King of England is also an ancestor of the 21st generation of George Bush.

Edward III of Windsor, King of England is also an ancestor of the 22nd generation of George Bush.

Edward III of Windsor, King of England is also an ancestor of the 23rd generation of George Bush.

http://geneanjou.blog.lemonde.fr/2018/12/01/george-herbert-walker-bush-1924-2018-a-plantagenet-descendant/
r***@yahoo.com
2018-12-01 14:07:09 UTC
Here are a couple of the correct lines:

1. Edward I of England = Eleanor of Castile

2. Elizabeth Plantagenet = Humphrey de Bohun, 4th Earl of Hereford and Essex

3. William de Bohun, 1st Earl of Northampton = Elizabeth Badlesmere

4. Elizabeth de Bohun = Richard FitzAlan, 10th Earl of Arundel

5. Elizabeth FitzAlan = Sir Robert Goushill

6. Elizabeth Goushill = Sir Robert Wingfield

7. Elizabeth Wingfield = Sir William Brandon

8. Eleanor Brandon = John Glemham

9. Anne Glemham = Henry Pagrave

10. Thomas Pagrave = Alice Gunton

11. Edward Palgrave = ----

12. Dr Richard Palgrave of Massachusetts = Anna ---

13. Mary Palgrave = Roger Wellington

14. Benjamin Wellington = Elizabeth Sweetman

15. Elizabeth Wellington = John Fay, Jr.

16. John Fay III = Hannah Child

17. Jonathan Fay = Joanna Phillips

18. Jonathan Fay, Jr. = Lucy Prescott

19. Samuel Prescott Phillips Fay = Harriet Howard

20. Samuel Howard Fay = Susan Shellman

21. Harriet Eleanor Fay = James Smith Bush

22. Samuel Prescott Bush = Flora Sheldon

23. Senator Prescott Bush = Dorothy Walker

24. George Herbert Walker Bush

1. Edward I of England = (2) Margaret of France

2. Thomas of Brotherton, Earl of Norfolk = Alice de Hales

3. Margaret, Duchess of Norfolk = John de Segrave, 4th Baron Segrave

4. Elizabeth de Segrave = John Mowbray, 4th Baron Mowbray

5. Thomas Mowbray, 1st Duke of Norfolk = Elizabeth FitzAlan

6. Margaret Mowbray = Sir Robert Howard

7. John Howard, 1st Duke of Norfolk = Katherine Moleyns

8. Isabel Howard = Robert Mortimer

9. Elizabeth Mortimer = George Guilford

10. Sir John Guilford = Barbara West

11. Elizabeth Guilford = William Cromer

12. Dorothy Cromer = William Seyliard

13. Elizabeth Seyliard = Cornelius Beresford

14. Dorothy Beresford = John Brodnax

15. Robert Brodnax = Anne ---

16. William Brodnax of Virginia = Rebecca (Champion) Travis

17. Edward Brodnax = Mary Brown

18. Anne Brodnax = Robert Munford/ Montfort

19. Clarissa Montford = John Shellman, Jr.

20. Susan Shellman = Samuel Howard Fay

21. Harriet Eleanor Fay = James Smith Bush

22. Samuel Prescott Bush = Flora Sheldon

23. Sen. Prescott Bush = Dorothy Walker

24. George Herbert Walker Bush
j***@albion.edu
2018-12-01 14:07:51 UTC
While GHWB is most definitely a Plantagenet descendant, there are two problems with these trees that even I can see. As far as I know, Kenelm Winslow’s (1533-1607) exact ancestry is still unproven; and George Weeks’ (1610-1659) parentage is completely unknown.
Jim+