Gresham of Titsey, Surrey
Add Reply
Will Johnson
2021-08-23 17:03:42 UTC
William Gresham 1522-1579 had at least three sons by his wife Beatrix Guybon

the second son William inherited Titsey but had an only daughter Elizabeth who died unmarried

the third son Thomas was heir-male of his elder brother William, he married Mary Lennard and their eldest son John *eventually* inherited Titsey but when??

I find Thomas and Mary having children at Limpsfield Surrey from 1593 to 1600 (this last named Leonard for his mother's maiden name)
Will Johnson
2021-08-23 17:29:28 UTC
Post by Will Johnson
William Gresham 1522-1579 had at least three sons by his wife Beatrix Guybon
the second son William inherited Titsey but had an only daughter Elizabeth who died unmarried
the third son Thomas was heir-male of his elder brother William, he married Mary Lennard and their eldest son John *eventually* inherited Titsey but when??
I find Thomas and Mary having children at Limpsfield Surrey from 1593 to 1600 (this last named Leonard for his mother's maiden name)
We know that Thomas Gresham and Mary Lennard's third son Thomas was enrolled at Queen's College
third son; entered Queen's College 1 Jul 1608 "aet 15"

So he has to be born 1592/1593

His two elder brothers we know were John and then Edward

I believe I have located his baptismal record now

Thomas Gressame (sic)
bap St Giles without Cripplegate, London, England, United Kingdom 25 May 1592
father Thomas Gressame (sic)
batch C02243-2

In the same batch we see
Edwarde Gressam

so then John, wherever he was baptised has to be exactly in 1588 as we have them married in Aug on 1587