ancestral gateways: Plymouth Colony (Standish, Delano, Jenney/Carey, Warren)
2018-11-01 19:20:24 UTC
Today is the Day of the Dead; exactly two years ago I was told that it is possible to communicate with ancestors and discovered that it really works. For more about that, see the link at the very end of this post.

According to the ancestors, the following Plymouth lineages are correct:

Myles Standish was the son of Edward (a Catholic recusant), son of Edward, son of Alexander, who said: "Alexander Standish was descended from a family that did not have much, but honor was always a part of what they had." Alexander Standish has a descent from Robert Felbrigg, and Felbrigg originates with a bastard son of Magna Carta baron Hugh Bigod.

John Jenney was the son of Henry Jenney, a bastard son of lawyer Christopher Jenney, with a descent through Boyes and Wychingham to Llewelyn the Great and Magna Carta baron Richard de Clare.

Sarah Carey, wife of John Jenney, was the daughter of John Carey, the bastard son of a daughter of William Carey, son of Robert Carey by his second wife Agnes Hody (descendant of Robin Hood; see https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/soc.genealogy.medieval/R3eYrQEjSGM). William Carey's wife Joane Hearle descends from the heiress of the senior branch of the Prideaux (Pridias) family of Cornwall. For the early Pridias story (as told by the ancestors), see https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Space:Ancestral_Memories:_The_Pridias_family_(early_generations)

Philippe de Lannoy (Delano) descends from Baudouin de Lannoy, Lord of Tourcouing (with an un-persecuted "second sight" lineage back to Leopold of Coucy), by his wife Adrienne d'Hornes (daughter of a bastard son of an old titled family), who descends from King Charles V of France and Holy Roman Emperor Ludwig IV.

And, as I outlined in an earlier thread, Richard Warren (Mayflower passenger) was the son of Nathaniel (a London merchant), son of Richard (who juggled his London residence with his land in Cheshire), son of Richard, son of John, son of John of Poynton, son of Laurence of Poynton, etc., with the male line going back to Geoffrey, Count of Anjou.

Two more Plymouth Colony gateway ancestors are George Sutton and Timothy Hatherly, as discussed on this thread: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/soc.genealogy.medieval/a7vjpLKfCQg -- including instructions (posted Oct. 19) on how to communicate respectfully with ancestors.
j***@gmail.com
2018-11-01 20:03:52 UTC
For anyone finding this thread in the future, the below is fiction
wjhonson
2018-11-01 23:10:58 UTC
Is this a way to completely mute an author and all his future nuttiness?
j***@gmail.com
2018-11-09 18:14:09 UTC
Post by j***@gmail.com
Post by j***@gmail.com
Today is the Day of the Dead; exactly two years ago I was told that it is possible to communicate with ancestors and discovered that it really works. For more about that, see the link at the very end of this post.
For anyone finding this thread in the future, the below is fiction
Is this a way to completely mute an author and all his future nuttiness?
No, it's one man's expression of presumptuous bias. Hopefully, people will be willing to discuss their failed attempts to communicate with deceased ancestors before publicly pronouncing that it can't be done.

The ancestors (or, if you prefer, entities that I perceive -- per Occam's Razor -- to be ancestors) have given lineages (see above) for Plymouth Colony immigrants Myles Standish, Richard Warren, Philip Delano, and John Jenney and his wife Sarah Carey. Do you see anything "nutty" about the lineages as given?
j***@gmail.com
2018-11-09 18:26:20 UTC
Post by j***@gmail.com
The ancestors (or, if you prefer, entities that I perceive -- per Occam's Razor -- to be ancestors) have given lineages (see above) for Plymouth Colony immigrants Myles Standish, Richard Warren, Philip Delano, and John Jenney and his wife Sarah Carey. Do you see anything "nutty" about the lineages as given?
Yup, their source.
One does not need to attempt to write out all the digits of pi to prove there isn't a last digit.
Communicate with ancestors? Your ancestors died. They were buried. Please dig one up and attach leads to their decayed skull and let me know if you get a signal at the same time they are communicating with you. Memories are *physical* traits. There is nothing 'metaphysical' about a memory. It is simply an arrangement of matter and electrical signals in a brain. Without said brain and said signals, why would you believe a lick of what is told to you is accurate?

Try this. write down something about your life. Then cut out your brain and see if you can write down the same event with the same detail. If they match, I will believe you.

--JC
P J Evans
2018-11-09 22:02:31 UTC
Post by j***@gmail.com
Post by j***@gmail.com
Today is the Day of the Dead; exactly two years ago I was told that it is possible to communicate with ancestors and discovered that it really works. For more about that, see the link at the very end of this post.
For anyone finding this thread in the future, the below is fiction
Is this a way to completely mute an author and all his future nuttiness?
It's more of a warning to anyone who may find this thread and think it contains actual genealogical data.