New Release: The Royal Descents of 900 Immigrants by Gary Boyd Roberts
Nathan Murphy
2018-04-10 01:36:15 UTC
Now available for purchase: https://library.genealogical.com/printpurchase/XLwEm

Nathan
r***@gmail.com
2018-04-10 17:14:25 UTC
Post by Nathan Murphy
Now available for purchase: https://library.genealogical.com/printpurchase/XLwEm
Nathan
Wonderful! Is there a list of the additions somewhere?
Nathan Murphy
2018-04-10 19:53:53 UTC
I don't see that on the site yet, but there's also a press release: https://genealogical.com/2018/04/09/announcing-the-royal-descents-of-900-immigrants/
P J Evans
2018-04-10 20:16:18 UTC
Clicking on "more details" at the end of that page will get you a page on Faris's Plantagenet Ancestry - that can't be correct.
Matthew Langley
2018-04-11 05:35:22 UTC
Post by P J Evans
Post by Nathan Murphy
Post by r***@gmail.com
Wonderful! Is there a list of the additions somewhere?
I don't see that on the site yet, but there's also a press release: https://genealogical.com/2018/04/09/announcing-the-royal-descents-of-900-immigrants/
Clicking on "more details" at the end of that page will get you a page on Faris's Plantagenet Ancestry - that can't be correct.
Thank link seems to be to the wrong thing. I'm guessing this is the right one

https://library.genealogical.com/printpurchase/XLwEm
r***@yahoo.com
2018-06-05 17:23:09 UTC
More specifics on the new book ...

https://genealogical.com/2018/05/22/new-royal-lines-including-meghan-markles-in-royal-descents-of-900-immigrants/
lmahler@att.net
2018-06-06 18:29:55 UTC
Post by r***@yahoo.com
More specifics on the new book ...
https://genealogical.com/2018/05/22/new-royal-lines-including-meghan-markles-in-royal-descents-of-900-immigrants/
Is Thomas Hussey of Maryland in there ?

Are there any persons who were deleted since the last edition
(RD 650) ?

Leslie
r***@yahoo.com
2018-06-06 22:53:45 UTC
Post by ***@att.net
Post by r***@yahoo.com
More specifics on the new book ...
https://genealogical.com/2018/05/22/new-royal-lines-including-meghan-markles-in-royal-descents-of-900-immigrants/
Is Thomas Hussey of Maryland in there ?
Are there any persons who were deleted since the last edition
(RD 650) ?
Leslie
Right, it has Thomas Hussey and his cousin, Elizabeth (Hussey) Scott, in there. The ones Gary listed in that blurb are only the ones he considers to have the most descendants. There are quite a few new additions that are not listed in the blurb.

He took out John Hinton of NC and the Waller-Herndons of Virginia. Maybe a few others.
The Hoorn
2018-06-07 00:09:26 UTC
How about Edward Carleton and his wife Ellen Newton?
r***@yahoo.com
2018-06-07 00:27:41 UTC
Yes, they're included. But they've been in both past editions, and have been known for at least 50 (?60or 70) years.
m***@gmail.com
2018-12-30 03:16:04 UTC
Hello does anyone know whether the RD of Thomas Bye and Margaret Davis in the 900 immigrants book still?
h***@yahoo.com
2018-12-30 15:57:07 UTC
Thomas Bye and Margaret Davis are listed on page clxxxix "29 Immigrants Dropped from RD600 or This Edition with Sources for the Disproofs or Doubts."
m***@gmail.com
2018-12-30 19:10:10 UTC
Thank you very much for looking does it have the same reason for being removed that the A. E. Bye text is not creditable?
Thank you again.
h***@yahoo.com
Exactly. Mr. Roberts's short commentary on A. E. Bye ends with, "... as regards English origins at least, the work of Arthur Edward Bye is unreliable and should not be used or cited."
Joe
Do we know why John Hinton was removed? Was anything published regarding the Hinton line?
Greg Cooke
2021-08-02 15:12:55 UTC
Post by Joe
Post by ***@att.net
Post by r***@yahoo.com
More specifics on the new book ...
https://genealogical.com/2018/05/22/new-royal-lines-including-meghan-markles-in-royal-descents-of-900-immigrants/
Is Thomas Hussey of Maryland in there ?
Are there any persons who were deleted since the last edition
(RD 650) ?
Leslie
Right, it has Thomas Hussey and his cousin, Elizabeth (Hussey) Scott, in there. The ones Gary listed in that blurb are only the ones he considers to have the most descendants. There are quite a few new additions that are not listed in the blurb.
He took out John Hinton of NC and the Waller-Herndons of Virginia. Maybe a few others.
Do we know why John Hinton was removed? Was anything published regarding the Hinton line?
Re: Hinton: GBR's rationale is, "conversations with John Anderson Brayton, who tells me that Hinton's origin is unknown." p. cxc.

Greg
Will Johnson
2021-08-03 00:35:34 UTC
Post by Greg Cooke
Post by Joe
Do we know why John Hinton was removed? Was anything published regarding the Hinton line?
Re: Hinton: GBR's rationale is, "conversations with John Anderson Brayton, who tells me that Hinton's origin is unknown." p. cxc.
Greg
Another useless source.