Gateway Ancestor Agnes Harris
ninimimi3116
2021-10-25 21:03:05 UTC
First of all, thank you for all your posts about gateway ancestors. I have found great information on the ones I have researched for immediate family members: Governor Thomas Dudley, Robert Abell, Peter Bulkeley and his two wives, Edward Raynesford, and now Agnes Harris. This is the line from RA from Alice of Normandy to Agnes Harris and I hope they are still accurate:

Alice of Normandy=Lambert
Judith of Lens=Earl Waltheof
Alice of Northumberland=Ralph de Tony
Roger de Tony=Ida of Hainault
Godehilde de Tony=William de Mohun
Reynold de Mohun=Alice Briwerre
Reynold de Mohun=Hawise Fitz Geoffrey
Alice de Mohun=Robert de Beauchamp
Humphrey de Beauchamp=Sibyl Oliver
John de Beauchamp=Margaret de Whalesborough
Elizabeth Beauchamp=William Fortescue
William Fortescue=Maud or Mabel Falwell
John Fortescue=Joan Prutteston
Joan or Jane Fortescue=Thomas Hext
Thomas Hext=Wilmot Poyntz
Margery Hext=John Collamore
Henry Collamore=Margaret Blight
Elizabeth Collamore=Bartholomew Harris
Agnes Harris=William Spencer

Here is the line from Hugh Capet to Agnes Harris:

Hugh Capet, King of France=Adelaide of Poitou
Edith of France=Rainier IV, Count of Hainault
Alice of Roucy=Hildouin IV, Count of Montdidier
Adeliza (Alice) of Clermont=Gilbert de Clare
Richard de Clare=Adeliza de Meschines (Alice of Chester?)
Roger de Clare, 2nd Earl of Hertford=Maud de St. Hilaire (Maud de St. Hilary?)
Aveline de Clare=Geoffrey FitzPiers, Earl of Essex?
Hawise FitzGeoffrey=
Peter Stewart
2021-10-25 23:01:46 UTC
Post by ninimimi3116
[...]
There are several inaccuracies in the second line here:

Hugh Capet's daughter who married the count of Hainaut was named Hadwig
(after her paternal grandmother), not Edith.

Alice of Roucy was her granddaughter, not daughter - the missing
generation is:
Beatrix of Hainault=Ebles I, Count of Roucy

Adeliza (Alice) of Clermont was granddaughter, not daughter, of Alice -
the missing generation is:
Margaret of Montdidier=Hugh, Seigneur of Clermont

Also you can find a thread or two in the archive about Hawise FitzGeoffrey.