Assistance Requested for a 1504 Will in Latin
Add Reply
phxn8v
2018-11-04 06:32:41 UTC
I find this group very interesting and helpful in my genealogical research, so thank you to everyone for their interesting posts.

Could someone assist me with reading the will of John Assy of Tibenham, Norfolk, dated 1504? It is written in Latin, and there is a term or abbreviation that has me stumped. In many lines is the word that looks to me like emlet, which is probably wrong. I am specifically interested in line 23, in which he leaves, I believe, iiijd to Walter Assy. Does anyone have an idea what the scribe is writing? My gratitude in advance for any assistance on this. The will is on the FamilySearch catalog at https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3Q9M-CSND-M92Q-6?i=128&cat=278818
r***@gmail.com
2018-11-05 21:00:45 UTC
It's "cuilibet".
r***@gmail.com
2018-11-05 21:10:49 UTC
Post by r***@gmail.com
It's "cuilibet".
Maybe I should have added: "Item lego cuili[be]t puero[rum] Walteri Assy iiijd"

Roderick Ward
(Not an expert, or even close)
phxn8v
2018-11-06 02:01:10 UTC
Post by phxn8v
I find this group very interesting and helpful in my genealogical research, so thank you to everyone for their interesting posts.
Could someone assist me with reading the will of John Assy of Tibenham, Norfolk, dated 1504? It is written in Latin, and there is a term or abbreviation that has me stumped. In many lines is the word that looks to me like emlet, which is probably wrong. I am specifically interested in line 23, in which he leaves, I believe, iiijd to Walter Assy. Does anyone have an idea what the scribe is writing? My gratitude in advance for any assistance on this. The will is on the FamilySearch catalog at https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3Q9M-CSND-M92Q-6?i=128&cat=278818
Thank you very much for your help! You are an expert in my eyes! Thanks again.