New Netherlands royal gateways
paulorica...@gmail.com
2021-09-12 23:12:47 UTC
Are there any proven New Netherlands royal gateways?
James Baker
2021-09-12 23:54:53 UTC
Post by ***@gmail.com
Are there any proven New Netherlands royal gateways?
Adrian Benjamin Burke laid out the Scottish royal ancestry of the Duncanson sisters of New Netherland/New York. The sisters married into ethnically Dutch families in America. Ancestral to Mrs. Jacqueline (Bouvier) (Kennedy) Onassis, among others.
“The Livingston Ancestry of the Duncanson Sisters of New Netherland” (in 3 parts):
_The Genealogist_
v.27#1 Spring 2013 (p.28)
v.27#2 Fall 2013 (p.162)
v.28#1 Spring 2014 (p.58)

J+
James Baker

J+
paulorica...@gmail.com
I already knew of that one. I actually thought of saying in my original post to exclude it because I am intereted in non-British gateways.
hoove...@yahoo.com
2021-09-13 11:39:23 UTC
Jan Otten van Tuyl of N.Y. and his line of descent from Louis VII, King of France appear in "The Royal Descents of 900 Immigrants ...," by Gary Boyd Roberts, at vol.2, pages 776-7
paulorica...@gmail.com
2021-09-13 23:54:30 UTC
Thanks.
Elizabeth A
2021-09-21 15:13:39 UTC
Post by ***@gmail.com
Post by ***@yahoo.com
Jan Otten van Tuyl of N.Y. and his line of descent from Louis VII, King of France appear in "The Royal Descents of 900 Immigrants ...," by Gary Boyd Roberts, at vol.2, pages 776-7
Thanks.
From a previous newsgroup post:

"RD 500, at pp. 365-6, carries the line of Sophia van Lodensteyn, wife of
Carel Debevoise (both of New Amsterdam), back to Louis VII and Eleanor of
Aquitaine in 16 generations, through John II, Count of Hainault (paternal grandfather
of the wife of Edward III). The sources shown are NYGBR 66 (1935): 376-83;
Adriaan Willem Eliza Dek, Genealogie der Graven van Holland (1954?), pp. 29-31,
40-41 esp."
paulorica...@gmail.com