White family of Farnham, Surrey and South Warnborough, Hants
Add Reply
r***@csolve.net
2017-05-18 21:09:56 UTC
Does anyone have any information on the White family of Farnham, Surrey and
1. Robert White, of Farnham, merchant of the Staple of Calais, married Alice
2. John White, Gent., of Farnham and South Warnborough, died 1469, married
Eleanor, daughter of Robert Hungerford, Lord Hungerford. She married (2nd)
1470, Sir William Tyrrell, Knt., of Warley, Essex, and (3rd) by 1475, Sir Henry
Fitz Lewis of Nevendon, Essex and London.
3. Robert White, of Farnham and South Warnborough, born c. 1456, died 1518,
married Margaret Gainsford
4. Margaret White, married John Kirton, and her sister, Anne White, married
Nicholas Tichborne.
r***@csolve.net
Nicholas Tichborne.
Dee Horn
2017-05-18 21:17:07 UTC
i have tyrell/terrell in my family tree but not sure if i am that far back yet will check
Dee Horn

In 17th century, White Tichborne married a female Shudd, Elizabeth, I think, but she died soon afterwards, and buried in Thursley or Witley, in Surrey. Her mother was Elizabeth too; then WT then married again.
a***@googlemail.com

Nicholas Tichborne.
wjhonson
2018-07-17 17:58:10 UTC
John Monson, 1st Baron Monson, is a descendant of this family
And he has living descendants

https://worldconnect.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=DESC&db=wjhonson&id=I163455
John Higgins
2018-07-17 23:43:33 UTC
John Monson, 1st Baron Monson, is a descendant of this family
And he has living descendants
https://worldconnect.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=DESC&db=wjhonson&id=I163455
Why single out an obscure 18th-century peer who (unsurprisingly) has living descendants and happens to be descended from the Whites of South Warnborough? There are at least several dozen present peers who also descend from this family. I can quickly come up with at least 50. Here's one of them:
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00000172&tree=LEO

But this is really pointless, since I doubt that this was what the original poster was looking for when he posed the question.
wjhonson
2018-07-18 16:51:45 UTC
John Monson, 1st Baron Monson, is a descendant of this family
And he has living descendants
https://worldconnect.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=DESC&db=wjhonson&id=I163455
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00000172&tree=LEO
But this is really pointless, since I doubt that this was what the original poster was looking for when he posed the question.
I wasn't responding to the original poster, but rather the last poster.
The question was only "Are there" and my answer is "Yes".
That there are more than one, doesn't add any value.
John Higgins
I was talking about the original poster of *this* question - about living descendants of the family of White of South Warnsborough. And, although the question wasn't worded too specifically, it was clear from the context that he was talking about living White family members - if there are any.
wjhonson
2018-07-19 17:21:09 UTC
There are no known living "WHITES" who descend from this family, but there are many living "descendants".
r***@csolve.net
Nicholas Tichborne.
r***@csolve.net
Nicholas Tichborne.
wjhonson
2018-11-26 20:23:17 UTC
Well he wasn't born in 1422, that's just someone's unsupported guess. Also he didn't die in 1462.

But on the note of this Henry III ascent, you're speaking of the wife's family

https://worldconnect.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=PED&db=wjhonson&id=I169167&style=TEXT
r***@csolve.net