Medieval Londoners Database launched
Nathan Murphy
2020-07-11 09:31:21 UTC
Medieval Londoners Database (MLD)
Launched: June 2020
Responsible: Center for Medieval Studies, Fordham University
Profiles: 10,484
Sources: https://medievallondoners.ace.fordham.edu/sources-and-abbreviations-1/

They are also adding CP40 cases involving Londoners from the AALT website. British History Online permits them to scrape data.

MLD pointed me to useful sources for a mid-C15 grocer I am studying.

They welcome contributions.

Nathan
Vance Mead
2020-07-11 14:42:44 UTC
That looks really interesting. Looking at the list of sources, they could quickly have hundreds of thousands of profiles.

It doesn't seem to be fully functional yet? I tried making a contribution (mainly as an experiment), but I'm not sure it worked. The thing kept spinning and finally I gave up.
joseph cook
2020-07-11 23:42:27 UTC
Post by Nathan Murphy
Medieval Londoners Database (MLD)
Launched: June 2020
Responsible: Center for Medieval Studies, Fordham University
Profiles: 10,484
Sources: https://medievallondoners.ace.fordham.edu/sources-and-abbreviations-1/
They are also adding CP40 cases involving Londoners from the AALT website. British History Online permits them to scrape data.
Wow! This has great promise! Thank you for sharing
Joe C