Mainwaring and Davenport Grandparents
Richard Carruthers
2013-04-02 06:21:42 UTC
Kinderton, Cheshire, New Hampshire, USA in the 14th century is certainly wrong.

m***@frontier.com
2013-04-02 09:04:06 UTC
Boy, I didn't see that. You certainly are right. I will have to check that out.

Marianne Dillow

m***@frontier.com
2013-04-02 09:22:14 UTC
Thank you Karen,

I have seen those Sutton names before but I don't know if they are mine or not. There were Sutton's by these names that went to the same church my Edward Sutton that married Anne Stanley went to. I need to check the out further. I have a Radcliffe line also and noticed on in that link.

This is my grandparents Edward Sutton and Anne Stanley and extra Sutton records found at Ormskirk.

Marriage: 14 May 1576 St Peter and St Paul, Ormskirk, Lancashire, England

St. Peter and St. Paul,Ormskirk, Lancashire, England:

Edw. Sutton, Gent. -
Anne Stanley, Gent. -
Register: Marriages 1557 - 1626, Page 205, Entry 10
Source: LDS Film 1849663 nne Stanley:

This Anne's baptism:
Baptism: 21 Dec 1561 St Peter and St Paul, Ormskirk, Lancashire, England
Anne Stanley - Register: Baptisms 1557 - 1626, Page 9, Entry 4
Source: LDS Film 1849663

This is my grandfather Peter Stanley that married (2) CiceleyTarleton.. Anne's parents:.. Peter Stanley''s burial:

Burial: 24 Jul 1592 St Peter and St Paul, Ormskirk, Lancashire, England
Peeter Stanley -
Abode: Bycarstaff
Notes: bur in the chancell
Register: Burials 1557 - 1625/6, Page 348, Entry 9
Source: LDS Film 1849663

The rest of these are Sutton records at St. Paul and Peter at Ormskirk, Lancashire England. I don't know who they all are but there was William, Edmund and Thomas Sutton in records with my Edward Sutton and Anne Stanley below. I have no idea who Robert Sutton is either.

Baptism: 3 Jun 1764 St Peter and St Paul, Ormskirk, Lancashire, England
William Sutton - Son of Robert Sutton & Elizabeth
Abode: Aughton
Register: Baptisms 1743 - 1770, Page 62, Entry 2
Source: LDS Film 1849663

Baptism: 18 Oct 1761 St Peter and St Paul, Ormskirk, Lancashire, England
Thomas Sutton - Son of Robert Sutton & Elizabeth
Abode: Orms[kirk]
Register: Baptisms 1743 - 1770, Page 54, Entry 22
Source: LDS Film 1849663

Baptism: 14 Apr 1574 St Peter and St Paul, Ormskirk, Lancashire, England
Tho. Sutton - Son of Ja. Sutton
Register: Baptisms 1557 - 1626, Page 39, Entry 1
Source: LDS Film 1849663

Baptism: 21 Feb 1574 /5 St Peter and St Paul, Ormskirk, Lancashire, England
Robert Sutton - Son of Tho. Sutton
Register: Baptisms 1557 - 1626, Page 41, Entry 1
Source: LDS Film 1849663

Baptism: 11 Apr 1593 St Peter and St Paul, Ormskirk, Lancashire, England
Richard Sutton - Son of Will Sutton
Register: Baptisms 1557 - 1626, Page 86, Entry 1
Source: LDS Film 1849663

Baptism: 21 Sep 1582 St Peter and St Paul, Ormskirk, Lancashire, England
Margerie Sutton - Daughter of Tho. Sutton
Register: Baptisms 1557 - 1626, Page 59, Entry 9
Source: LDS Film 1849663

Baptism: 20 Apr 1577 St Peter and St Paul, Ormskirk, Lancashire, England
George Sutton -
Register: Baptisms 1557 - 1626, Page 45, Entry 30
Source: LDS Film 1849663

Baptism: 13 May 1579 St Peter and St Paul, Ormskirk, Lancashire, England
John Sutton - Son of Tho. Sutton
Register: Baptisms 1557 - 1626, Page 50, Entry 27
Source: LDS Film 1849663

Burial: 30 Sep 1593 St Peter and St Paul, Ormskirk, Lancashire, England
Jaine Sutton, Widow -
Register: Burials 1557 - 1625/6, Page 351, Entry 22
Source: LDS Film 1849663

Burial: 24 Oct 1620 St Peter and St Paul, Ormskirk, Lancashire, England
Jane Sutton - Wife of Willm Sutton
Register: Burials 1557 - 1625/6, Page 418, Entry 13
Source: LDS Film 1849663

Burial: 8 Jan 1557 /8 St Peter and St Paul, Ormskirk, Lancashire, England
Tho. Sutton -
Notes: in ecclia
Register: Burials 1557 - 1625/6, Page 269, Entry 26
Source: LDS Film 1849663

Burial: 4 Aug 1598 St Peter and St Paul, Ormskirk, Lancashire, England
Tho. Sutton -
Notes: in ecclia
Register: Burials 1557 - 1625/6, Page 366, Entry 16
Source: LDS Film 1849663

Thanks a lot.
Marianne Dillow

2013-04-02 15:46:41 UTC
Marrianne,

The proposed lineage in your post below does not appear to have been checked
against what is shown in Leo's great genealogics.org database. His database
is a valuable research resource.

According to Leo's database, your Generation 6. Joan Fitton (m. Sir Robert
Grosvenor) was the daughter of Sir Lawrence Fitton of Gawsworth, not of
Thomas Fitton. This is corraborated in Frank Renaud; History of Prestbury;
Chetham Soc; Vol 97 (1876); page 231 @
http://books.google.com/books?id=DZExAQAAMAAJ&pg=PA231 which contains a
reasonable pedigree for the Fitton family. Sir Lawrence is there shown d.
1456, with his his wife Agnes Hesketh. One of their several daughters was
Joan d. 20 Edw IV (1480/81) who m. Robert Grosvenor son and heir of Sir
Thomas Grosvenor. Joan's brother was Thomas d. 1449, and is the person who
m. Ellen Mainwaring d. 1481 dau of Randall. Presumably the book has more
information and documentation of the Fittons of Gawsworth you might wish to
review.

Many other ancestries for Generation 9. Peter Stanley of Bickerstaff d. 24
Jul 1592 (m. Cecily Tarleton) are shown by Leo. Indeed, 15 of Peter
Stanley's 16 great-great-grandparents are shown in Leo's 5 generation
ancestral tree for Peter Stanley @
http://www.genealogics.org/pedigree.php?personID=I00481093&tree=LEO&parentset=0&display=standard&generations=5 .
Leo's database omits the 16th gr-gr-grandparent, the wife of Sir Lawrence
Fitton. Renaud's History of Prestbury, noted above, identifies her as Agnes
Hesketh.

As I suggested in a post responding to one of your Stanley family questions
last fall, one can save a lot of other people's time by first comparing your
research with Leo's database.

Terry Booth
Chicago IL

m***@frontier.com
2013-04-02 17:28:55 UTC
Thanks,

I do have leo's site bookmarked. I should have checked. My bad. I think I was very tired when I did this. LOL !

Thanks a lot.

Marianne Diillow

karen sims

karen
Randy Jones
2013-04-06 14:35:25 UTC
Thanks

m***@frontier.com
2013-04-06 15:37:14 UTC
I have corrected all my errors by going to Leo's. :)

Marianne Dillow
_

Steve Riggan
2013-04-06 18:14:49 UTC
Absolutely! I have been using Leo's site for weeks now and find it an incredible resource. The pedigree layout really helps put lineages into perspective. Thanks, Leo, for providing Genealogics to us and putting my family information into the system. It's much easier to cross-reference names and other data when researching. I look forward to working with you more in the future.
Steve Riggan

TJ Booth
2013-04-06 18:48:01 UTC
Marianne,

Glad to hear you're again including Leo's database in your research.

You are clearly trying to found the original documentation to support your
entries, which is a great approach. Since Leo often relies on high quality
secondary sources, you of course will need to continue your own research for
added documentation. But his database is a great reference and can provide
some excellent clues of where to look next.

Terry Booth
Chicago IL

>I have corrected all my errors by going to Leo's. :)
>
> Marianne Dillow
> _

<Snip>

<Snip>
m***@frontier.com
2013-04-06 21:03:39 UTC
Yes, I use Leo but forgot to check in this case but I always try and find records if I can for proof if I can find them.

Marianne Dillow

Wjhonson
2013-04-07 01:11:50 UTC
These birthyears for both Roger and Christian have no evidence.
We don't know their year of birth, even within a decade.

[...]

Cheshire, New Hampshire, USA, d: 1459 in Cheshire, England

...............5 Ellen Mainwaring b: Abt. 1404 in Over Peover, Cheshire,
England, d: Abt. 1481 in
Gausworth, Cheshire, England

+ Thomas Fitton b: Abt. 1402 in Goseworth, Cheshire, England, m: Abt. 1432, d:
Bef. 1500

..................6 Katherine Joan Fitton b: Abt. 1437 in Gausworth,Cheshire,England,
d: Abt. 1520

+ Robert Grosvenor b: 1433 in Eaton, Cheshire, England, d: 1502

.....................7 Agnes Grosvenor b: 1435, d: 05 Feb 1482

+ William Stanley b: Abt. 1439 in Hooton, Cheshire, England, m: 26 Jul 1470, d:
03 Mar
1512

........................8 William Stanley b: 1473, d: 1546

+ Anne Harrington

...........................9 Peter Stanley b: 1518, d: 1592 in Ormskirk,
England

+ Cicely Tarleton b: Abt. 1525 in Aughton, Lancashire, England, m: 21 Aug 1559,
d:
27 Nov 1568 in Moor Hall, Ormskirk, Lancashire, England

..............................10 Anne Stanley b: Abt. 31 Dec 1561, d: 1635

+ Edward Sutton m: 14 May 1576 in Ormskirk, Lancashire, England

From: 'Leek: Rushton Spencer', A History of the County of Stafford: Volume 7:

the message
Wjhonson
2013-04-07 01:19:10 UTC
The reason most likely this ancestry is so complete, is that it sits behind President Obama as well.

> [...]
> were also returned. ANNE SUTTON was again returned in 1635, along with
> another woman, and ALICE EARDLEY in 1641. "
>
> Source: A Calendar of Lancashire and Cheshire Exchuquer Deposition By
> Commission From 1558-1712 by Caroline Fishback
>
> 9th James L, 1611. Hil., No. 5. Sir RANDALL MAINWARING, THOS. JOLLY versus
> WM. SUTTON, THOS. SUTTON. Manor of Rushton James by Commission, Cheshire.
> 117 (Stafford). Meets and bounds. The manor of Bugtawton (Chester), and
> the lordships of Clowdwood and Rushton Spencer (Stafford). A waste or moor
> called the Clowde, in the manor of Bugtawton. Meets and bounds. Meets and
> bounds of the counties of Chester and Stafford. Do the manors of
> Congleton, Bugtawton, and Newbold adjoin the manors of Rushton Spencer,
> Clowdewod, Rushton James, Biddulph, and Tunstall (Stafford) ? (C. 28 Nov

the message