Help with identifying source
Add Reply
Peter Cockerill
2017-06-09 07:49:56 UTC
Dear friends,

I am trying to find the source for the following document cited in Rerum Britannicarum Vol 60 p.602 Ed TW Campbell 1873

"1486 12 Jan. Henry &. To our Trusty and welbeloved servant Nicholas Leventhorpe receiver of our Honnours of Pountfret....parcell of or Duchie of Lancaster in our county of York ........"

URL

https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=D_hDAQAAMAAJ&pg=PA602&dq=Richard+Pek&hl=en&sa=X&ei=mT5GVdnJBsz_aJD7gOgH&ved=0CEsQ6AEwBDgK#v=onepage&q=Richard%20Pek&f=false

Thank you so much,
Peter
John Watson
2017-06-09 09:03:20 UTC
Post by Peter Cockerill
Dear friends,
I am trying to find the source for the following document cited in Rerum Britannicarum Vol 60 p.602 Ed TW Campbell 1873
"1486 12 Jan. Henry &. To our Trusty and welbeloved servant Nicholas Leventhorpe receiver of our Honnours of Pountfret....parcell of or Duchie of Lancaster in our county of York ........"
URL
https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=D_hDAQAAMAAJ&pg=PA602&dq=Richard+Pek&hl=en&sa=X&ei=mT5GVdnJBsz_aJD7gOgH&ved=0CEsQ6AEwBDgK#v=onepage&q=Richard%20Pek&f=false
Thank you so much,
Peter
Hi Peter,

I can't tell you where this document originated, but it's not from the Close Rolls, Patent Rolls or Fine Rolls (I checked). My guess is that it's from the Duchy of Lancaster deeds.

Regards,

John
Peter Cockerill
2017-06-09 09:55:23 UTC
Post by John Watson
Post by Peter Cockerill
[...]
John thank so much for this.
Peter
The Hoorn
2017-06-11 04:16:28 UTC
There seems to be references to L.R. in the text. It might be found in Records of the Office of the Auditors of Land Revenue. If you have access to a University library, I would suggest you might want to consult the book.

https://books.google.com/books/about/Records_of_the_Office_of_the_Auditors_of.html?id=Os0qAQAAMAAJ

Hope that will point you in the right direction.
John Watson
2017-06-11 07:24:21 UTC
Post by The Hoorn
There seems to be references to L.R. in the text. It might be found in Records of the Office of the Auditors of Land Revenue. If you have access to a University library, I would suggest you might want to consult the book.
https://books.google.com/books/about/Records_of_the_Office_of_the_Auditors_of.html?id=Os0qAQAAMAAJ
Hope that will point you in the right direction.
Or maybe the wrong direction. If you look at the entries which are marked L.R. they all concern the Duchy of Lancaster. The Court of Augmentations, the predecessor of the Office of the Auditors of Land Revenue did not come into existence until the reign of Henry VIII.

Regards,
John