MALPAS-MALPUS-MALPASS-MALPHURS-MALPHRUS
t***@gmail.com
2015-08-02 16:54:10 UTC
There is a Genealogy book on the Malphrus family in the USA. All the information was recorded in this book. The author said no additional information could be found due to fires, floods and lost records. it is a compilation of 31 years. The author also said if any one wanted to further the the research Switzerland would be the place. Tommy
j***@gmail.com
2017-10-12 19:29:17 UTC
I’ve pondered this myself. I’ve done some research and it led back to Switzerland. I remember as a little boy asking my grandfather about our name, and he told me we were Swiss German. But research points to French Swiss near Geneva, and the name Malpas was taken after a passage way on the border of France and Switzerland which meant “Bad Passage”. I own a genealogy book on Malphurs (my name) with census records, marriages, births and deaths. With a Family Crest of what it may have been based on research. I’m from Alabama, but my Grandfather was from Gainesville Fl.