Ancestry Of Edward Howell Of Long Island, New York and Thomas Pettit Husband Of Christian Pettit (Mellowes)
Bradley Johnson
2010-12-24 05:35:37 UTC
Hello Fellow Genealogy Users, My name is Bradley Johnson and I am
trying is to seek out for some correct information and sources for the
following people and there names are Edward Howell Of Long Island, New
York and Thomas Pettit who was the husband of Christian Pettit
(Mellowes). I have seen some conflicting information about the
spouses of William Howell of whom was the grandfather of Edward
Howell. The conflicting information that I have seen in two different
genealogy websites and in the first genealogy website http://www.familysearch.org/
it shows three spouses for William Howell and the name for William's
first wife her name was Maude Dunscombe and also it shows Anne Eyre
and Anne Hampton. And so I would like to know of which ones are the
right spouses for William Howell, was it Maude Dunscombe and Anne Eyre
instead of Anne Hampton?

I am also seeking for the parents of Alice Dormer. Alice Dormer, She
was married to Thomas Crocker Or Croker and also are her parents
Geoffrey Dormer and Alice Collingridge or are her parents Geoffrey
Dormer and Margaret Launcelyn? I would also would like to know of
what were Alice Dormer's siblings names were and also who was the
parents of William Dormer of whom was the husband of Jane Launcelyn
and also what were the names of William Dormer's siblings were as
well?

I am also seeking for some information on the ancestors of Thomas
Pettit and Thomas Pettit he was the husband of Christian Pettit
(Mellowes) and he is supposedly to be a son of Henry Pettit and also I
have been to a genealogy website and it says that Thomas Pettit he is
supposed to be a descendant from Saher De Quincy and Saher De Quincy
he is the one that signed to the Magna Carta.

This is my first post ever to this board and also any information and
sources that anybody in this group might have about these two
individuals, I will appreciate any information and feedback.
b***@austin.rr.com
Please, what is the website you saw which linked Thomas pettit to saer de quincy?
P J Evans
2017-05-22 20:36:41 UTC
Post by b***@austin.rr.com
Post by Bradley Johnson
[...]
It's a post from 2010. They may not even see this.
I don't know how they're likeing Pettit to Quincy. I haven't seen evidence that links Pettit/Petit of Long Island to Mellowes, either.
Jan Wolfe
2017-05-22 22:20:47 UTC
Post by P J Evans
Post by P J Evans
Post by b***@austin.rr.com
Please, what is the website you saw which linked Thomas pettit to saer de quincy?
It's a post from 2010. They may not even see this.
I don't know how they're likeing Pettit to Quincy. I haven't seen evidence that links Pettit/Petit of Long Island to Mellowes, either.
James Moore, in a genealogy of John Moore of Newton, LI, states (without a source) that the wife of Thomas Pettit was Christian Mellows. See
https://babel.hathitrust.org/cgi/pt?id=loc.ark:/13960/t86h4mn9v;view=1up;seq=300

There is evidence in Exeter records that her given name was Christian.

There is a transcription on familysearch.org of part of a book about the Pettit family that states that "The Talbot carried Thomas Pettit and his wife Christian Mellowes and her brother Oliver Mellowes, a widower born in 1597" and the son of Abraham Mellowes and Martha Bulkeley.
See https://familysearch.org/photos/artifacts/4254562

I think a claim of a Magna Carta descent from Saher de Quincy for Thomas Pettit in the original poster's post would be for Thomas the son of Thomas and Christian (_____) Pettit, if Christian were indeed a daughter of Abraham and Martha (Bulkeley) Mellowes.