Robert Russell abt.1630
a***@gmail.com
2018-04-14 16:34:07 UTC
Trying to find more concrete data about Robert Russell's parents who emigrated from either Scotland or England around 1640 (presumably with his father or family).

Lots of varying searches online for this record. Some say he was the son of Robert Russell abt.1600 or Thomas Russell abt.1577-1635 (may have died in Scotland).

Any tips and help?
HWinnSadler
2018-04-14 16:45:29 UTC
Just to figure out which immigrant you are talking about, did he died on 13 Dec 1710 in Andover, Essex, Massachusetts?
a***@gmail.com
2018-04-14 16:53:20 UTC
Post by HWinnSadler
Just to figure out which immigrant you are talking about, did he died on 13 Dec 1710 in Andover, Essex, Massachusetts?
-
-
-
Yes, this is correct! There are rumours he may have been born in Scotland, but there is no concrete evidence other than a book that says "Scotland?" near his birth year.

There's another rumour he is tied (through Thomas Russell and Elizabeth Spencer) to the Strensham Russells. Trying to find a concrete link to go from.
HWinnSadler
2018-04-14 17:37:19 UTC
What is the book that states he was born in Scotland? When was it published?
a***@gmail.com
2018-04-14 17:50:20 UTC
Post by HWinnSadler
What is the book that states he was born in Scotland? When was it published?
-
-
-

I believe it was: Directory of Scottish Settlers in North America, 1625-1825. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Vol. 5. 1985. On Page 266.

I'm starting to doubt if he was Scottish.
a***@gmail.com
Anyone with knowledge of the "Russel" or Russell families in the area (Worcestershire)?
HWinnSadler
2018-04-15 20:34:51 UTC
Does the book cite any primary sources?