OT: Medieval genealogy blogs
2017-06-05 23:46:01 UTC
I was wondering if anyone had a list of favorite genealogy and especially medieval genealogy bloggers online.

I liked to read Martin Hollick, Brad Verity, and Nat Taylor's blog, but all three are now on hiatus.

Most of the online blogs are either think veiled advertisements or mostly uninteresting fluff.

Vita-brevis is a bright spot for New England genealogy, and I peruse Dick Eastmans site from time to time,but that's all that is on my radar and I wanted to hear from the group.

Thanks,
Joe c
Darrel Hockley
2017-06-06 07:55:36 UTC
Here is a very good blog on late Byzantine history maintained by Diana G. Wright called "Surprised by Time":
More Palaiologues

| | |

| |
More Palaiologues
The Palaiologos cross between four firesteel s ( πυρέκβολα ) each resembling a B which are also said to have or... | |

Darrel Hockley

Andrew Lancaster
2017-06-06 08:14:46 UTC

I would add John M Watson's blog. http://johnmwatson.blogspot.be
John Watson
2017-06-06 12:11:24 UTC
Post by Andrew Lancaster
I would add John M Watson's blog. http://johnmwatson.blogspot.be
Thank you Joe. Mostly the blog is stuff that I have posted here, sometimes amended or updated. However, there is a lot of information on the Hotham family of Scorborough for anyone who is researching the family - see the right side bar on the page.

Regards,
John