University of Hull Royal genealogy pages blocked?
J H Garner
2012-05-17 12:51:58 UTC
I tried to access the University of Hull royal genealogy pages yesterday. Suddenly, my web browsers are blocking/being blocked from all access to the pages, both in Internet Explorer 7.0.5730.13 and in my preferred browser Safari 5.1.7.

The Hull royal genealogy pages are the ONLY ones with these access issues. Other sites I often visit are working normally.

I do not believe I am using proxy servers in Safari, and not being able to access with Internet Explorer sort of defeats that as an answer to the problem.

I sent an e-mail to the Hull help desk and received a reply asking me to resend the e-mail with a 'University user i.d'

I know Britain has has a number of budgetary crises in recent years, and I saw that Hull drastically increased their tuition for the 2012/13 academic year. Are the royal genealogy pages created by Brian Tompsett now restricted access? Has anyone else encountered this?

Thanks

JG
Ian Goddard
2012-05-17 13:50:27 UTC
Post by J H Garner
[...]
It looks as if the server is down. It doesn't even respond to a ping.
--
Ian

The Hotmail address is my spam-bin. Real mail address is iang
at austonley org uk
KatPrawl
2012-07-02 04:27:02 UTC
The new location is http://www.hull.ac.uk/php/cssbct/genealogy/royal/ The pages include an apology for the relocation, which it says was caused by "management actions beyond my control".
Renia
2012-07-02 08:41:14 UTC
Post by KatPrawl
The new location is http://www.hull.ac.uk/php/cssbct/genealogy/royal/
The pages include an apology for the relocation, which it says was
caused by "management actions beyond my control".
That's an old location, copyrighted up to 2005. The main site has been
locked for years.
a***@gmail.com
2017-07-29 03:37:17 UTC
It was up again until a week ago but now it is gone again
d***@gmail.com
2017-08-19 14:58:19 UTC
I miss the royal hull website. Why take something down that was so much fun and so informative. There are so many ugly places on the web why not keep a beautiful one up.

I live in California and there is only one copy of Tompsett book in the state. San Diego. Nice.
How about University of Hull apply for an arts grant. So the public can enjoy learning about English History.
Chuck Owens
2017-08-19 18:58:25 UTC
Genealogics is a good web site for looking at royal genealogies.

http://www.genealogics.org/index.php