Leslie Mahler, FASG
a***@alltel.net
2006-11-06 15:03:42 UTC
The group will be happy to learn that one of its most active members,
Leslie Mahler, was elected a Fellow of the American Society of
Genealogists [FASG] at its 67th annual meeting, held this past
Saturday, 4 Nov., at the NE Hist. Gen. Soc. in Boston.

The ASG, founded in 1940, is the scholarly honorary society of the
field. It is composed of no more than 50 Fellows elected for life on
the basis of their published genealogical scholarship. Nominations and
elections are completely confidential; no condidate knows in advance
that he or she is being considered.

Among the FASGs' many accomplishments are founding the Board for
Certification of Genealogists [BCG] in 1964 and the continuing
publication of The Genealogist, one of the most distinguished journals
in the field.

DAVID L. GREENE, FASG
Vice-President, The American Society of Genealogists; and
Coeditor and Publisher
The American Genealogist [TAG]
John Brandon
2006-11-06 16:56:06 UTC
Congrats, Leslie! You definitely deserve it.
Stewart Baldwin
2006-11-07 04:21:58 UTC
I would like to add my congratulations to Leslie for being elected as
a Fellow. Those who have been following the American genealogical
journals closely over the last several years know how prolific he has
been in discovering the origins of many early immigrants to America.

Stewart Baldwin, FASG
l***@att.net

Stewart Baldwin, FASG
Chris Pitt Lewis
2006-11-09 20:04:30 UTC
Post by Stewart Baldwin
I would like to add my congratulations to Leslie for being elected as
a Fellow. Those who have been following the American genealogical
journals closely over the last several years know how prolific he has
been in discovering the origins of many early immigrants to America.
Stewart Baldwin, FASG
And congratulations from a distant cousin on this side of the pond as
well.
Chris Pitt Lewis
J***@aol.com
2006-11-08 21:24:11 UTC
Dear Leslie,
Congratulations on becoming a Fellow of the American
Genealogical Society.

Sincerely,

James W Cummings

Dixmont, Maine USA
j***@gmail.com
2018-04-18 15:48:03 UTC
Hello, I believe this to be the same Leslie Mahler author of (TAG 83.4) American Geniologist.

I can only find this very one source who this (Rev. Edward Norris of Salem) true mother actually was! May i please ask for how you found this out? It's hard to be satisfied with just a single sentence that we're related to King Edward in this way haha! Thank you! -Joshua Norris
j***@gmail.com
2018-04-18 15:50:46 UTC
**Edit**
(Forgot to send my contact info)
5177061852
Email: ***@gmail.com
___
Hello, I believe this to be the same Leslie Mahler author of (TAG 83.4) American Geniologist.

I can only find this very one source who (Rev. Edward Norris of Salem's) true mother actually was! May I please ask for how you found this to be true? It's hard to be satisfied with just a single sentence stating that we're related to King Edward in this way haha! Thank you! -Joshua Norris