Alice Hunt Bull
g***@gmail.com
2018-06-29 20:40:52 UTC
Does anyone know if the pedigree of Alice (Hunt) Bull has been established? In the 1989 David L. Greene research on the Royal Ancestry of the Ipswich (Massachusetts) and Long Island Lawrence Families, Dr. Greene states on page 19 that her lineage "is not yet established." (Richard Bull m. Alice Hunt abt. 1548)

As a historian and descendant of Marie Lawrence Burnham, I would like to research this a bit more, if possible.

Thank you!

Jill
p***@yahoo.ca
2018-06-30 11:50:40 UTC
A working theory I have, which is subject to more evidence for or against it, is that Alice Hunt is closely related to Richard Hunt husband of Anne Knighton. That to me makes the most sense given that Thomas Knighton, son of Thomas Knighton and Anne Underhill, married Alice Bull, sister of Charles Bull, husband of Joan Knighton, sister of Thomas. While Alice was from Hertfordshire and Richard from Essex that in no way negates the possibility of them being related.
g***@gmail.com
2018-07-10 16:50:55 UTC
Post by p***@yahoo.ca
A working theory I have, which is subject to more evidence for or against it, is that Alice Hunt is closely related to Richard Hunt husband of Anne Knighton. That to me makes the most sense given that Thomas Knighton, son of Thomas Knighton and Anne Underhill, married Alice Bull, sister of Charles Bull, husband of Joan Knighton, sister of Thomas. While Alice was from Hertfordshire and Richard from Essex that in no way negates the possibility of them being related.
Fascinating working theory--I will explore it more. Thanks!