John Savage and Katherine Stanley
m***@frontier.com
2013-10-01 01:53:43 UTC
________________________________
  I received an email today from the Cheshire Record Office.  They gave me
permission to use the Dulcia Bold/John Savage record for translation on
the list but  I guess that is useless since we already got the meaning
of it.

I was hoping I would be in contact with the person that posted the record but found out it was in the 19th century.
Would anyone know of anymore records on  John Savage died 1495 and Katherine Stanley besides this record.?

[no title]  MS 579  1464

Contents:
1 Henry Bold, kt, and son Richard
2? Dulcie, daughter of John de [? Savage] esq and wife of Henry Bold, son of Richard
Grant from 1 to 2, for life of 2, of land in Bold (specified and tenants named). Remainders given.
Witnesses: Peter de Legh, kt, Richard Kyghley and William Irlond esqs
Latin; 2 seal tags only

Marianne Dillow
Gwen Boyer Bjorkman
2013-10-01 18:47:49 UTC
I have this list of references from this webpage. I have not checked them out. Does someone on
the books have some of these books that they can checkout the references?

http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~hwbradley/aqwg1192.h
tm#19516

1Ormerod, George, The History of the County Palatine and City of
Chester (London: Lackington, Hughes, Mavor & Jones, 1819.), 1:713,
3:644, 3:677, Family History Library, 942.71 H2or.

2Weis, Frederick Lewis, Ancestral Roots of Certain American Colonists
Who Came to America before 1700 (7th ed., Baltimore: Genealogical
Publishing Co., 1992.), 57-37, 233-37, 233A-37, Los Angeles Public
Library, Gen 974 W426 1992.

3Weis, Frederick Lewis, The Magna Charta Sureties, 1215 (5th ed.,
Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999.), pp. 106-11, Los
Angeles Public Library, 929.273 W426 1999.

4Richards, W. S. G., The History of the De Traffords of Trafford,
circa A.D., 1000-1893 (Plymouth, England: W. H. Luke, 1896. FHL US/CAN
Film #823,879 Item 1.), p. 29, Family History Library.

5Page, William, The Victoria History of the County of Derby (London:
A. Constable and Company, Ltd., 1905.), Los Angeles Public Library,
Gen 942.51 V645 folio.

6Richardson, Douglas, Plantagenet Ancestry: A Study in Colonial and
Medieval Families (Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Company, 2004.),
pp. 443, 638, 680, 715, 755, Family History Library, 942 D5rd.

7Roberts, Gary Boyd, The Royal Descents of 600 Immigrants to the
American Colonies or the United States (Baltimore: Genealogical
Publishing Co., 2004.), pp. 294, 314, Family History Library, 273
D2rrd.

8Roberts, Gary Boyd, The Royal Descents of 500 Immigrants to the
American Colonies or the United States (Baltimore: Genealogical
Publishing Co., 1993.), p. 348, Los Angeles Public Library, 929.273
R644-1.

9Richards, Raymond, Old Cheshire Churches: A Survey of Their History,
Fabric and Furniture, with Records of the Older Monuments (London: B.
T. Batsford, 1947.), pp. 205-212, Family History Library, 942.71
K2ric.

10Farrer, William, The Victoria History of the County of Lancaster
(London: A. Constable, 1906.), 3:405, Los Angeles Public Library, Gen
942.72 V645 folio.

11Pilkington, John, History of the Pilkington Family of Lancashire
(Liverpool: J. Pilkington, 1912.), p. 296, Family History Library,
929.242 P646p.

12Dugdale, William, The Visitation of the County Palatine of
Lancaster, Made in the Year 1664-5 (Manchester: Chetham Society,
1872-73.), p. 42, Family History Library, 942.7 B4c v. 84.

13Stephen, Sir Leslie & Sir Sidney Lee (Editors), The Dictionary of
National Biography: From the Earliest Times to 1900 (Oxford, England:
Oxford University Press, 1993.), 17:827, Family History Library,
920.042 D561n 1993.

14Richardson, Douglas, Magna Carta Ancestry: A Study in Colonial and
Medieval Families (Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 2005.), pp.
368, 828, Family History Library, 942 D5rdm.

15Phillimore, William Phillimore Watts, The Visitation of the County
of Worcester Made in the Year 1569 (London: Harleian Society, 1888.),
p. 124, Family History Library, 942 B4h v. 27.

16Boyer, Carl, Medieval English Ancestors of Robert Abell (Santa
Clarita, California: C. Boyer, 2001.), p. 142, Los Angeles Public
Library, 929.2 A141-2.

17Burke, John, A Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Commoners of
Great Britain and Ireland (London: H. Colburn, 1835-38.), 4:248, Los
Angeles Public Library, 929.725 B959-1 1835-1838.

Gwen Boyer Bjorkman
________________________________
2013-10-01 19:21:58 UTC
Thanks,

I have all of Douglas Richardson's books. I have one of Gary Boyd Roberts.

I am looking into this one now.

________________________________
Marianne Dillow
j***@yahoo.com
2013-10-02 00:48:45 UTC
Post by m***@frontier.com
Thanks,
I have all of Douglas Richardson's books. I have one of Gary Boyd Roberts.
I am looking into this one now.
1.  Ormerod, George, The History of the County Palatine and City of
Chester (London: Lackington, Hughes, Mavor & Jones, 1819.), 1:713,
3:644, 3:677, Family History Library, 942.71 H2or.
Marianne Dillow
The item you cite above is the first (1819) edition of Ormerod's work. It's been mentioned before in this group that Thomas Helsby's 2nd edition (1882) of Ormerod is preferable as a source, because it substantially revised the 1st edition and is likely to be more accurate (although not necessarily in all cases). See this post from just three months ago here which discusses that matter - and provides a link to an online copy of vol. 1 of the 2nd edition (vol. 3 does not appear to be online):

http://archiver.rootsweb.ancestry.com/th/read/GEN-MEDIEVAL/2013-07/1372958510

Note that the page numbers for your subject will likely be different between the 1st and 2nd editions, although the subject will probably still be treated in the same volume.
m***@frontier.com
2013-10-02 01:12:53 UTC
[...]

Thanks John,
I had lost that but just found it today. I still  have to go through all of it.

Marianne Dillow