LUSIGNAN's Part 1/4
c***@gmail.com
2017-08-07 06:34:37 UTC
I am looking for the descendants of William de Lusignan, Seigneur d'Angles, who was a son of Hugh VII. According to familysearch.com, I am a descendant of William and of his son William LeBrun, b. 1141. Can you help?
taf
2017-08-07 08:10:17 UTC
Post by c***@gmail.com
I am looking for the descendants of William de Lusignan, Seigneur d'Angles,
who was a son of Hugh VII. According to familysearch.com, I am a descendant
of William and of his son William LeBrun, b. 1141. Can you help?
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but the pedigrees on FamilySearch are extremely unreliable for this time period. Perhaps if you line out the supposed descent as shown at FamilySearch we might be able to determine if/where it ceases to be reliable.

2017-08-07 11:06:14 UTC
Post by c***@gmail.com
I am looking for the descendants of William de Lusignan, Seigneur d'Angles,
who was a son of Hugh VII. According to familysearch.com, I am a descendant
of William and of his son William LeBrun, b. 1141. Can you help?
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but the pedigrees on FamilySearch are extremely unreliable for this time period. Perhaps if you line out the supposed descent as shown at FamilySearch we might be able to determine if/where it ceases to be reliable.
Very unreliable in this case - Guillaume did not have descendants. His
seigneury of Angles eventually passed to the heirs of his younger
brother Simon of Lezay. In the 13th century they sold it to the bishops
of Poitiers and the subsequent seigneurs at Angles were not Lusignans.