RA Addition: Baptism of Gateway William Bernard
Nathan Murphy
2018-05-12 23:54:56 UTC
Though terribly misread by indexers, I managed to find the baptism of Virginia Gateway William Bernard [Barnard] and his three brothers, including his elder brother Robert Bernard, Knt. [1st Baronet] at Piddington, Nhants:

PIDDINGTON, NORTHAMPTONSHIRE, PARISH REGISTERS
Images, www.ancestry.com
Read baptisms 1590-1616
Read marriages 1590-1605 - no Barnard grooms found
Read burials 1590-1617 - none found
There is a gap in the register on Ancestry between 1617 and 1654

1600 Rob[er]t Barnarde sonne of Francis Barnard was baptized the xijth day of June [father’s name misindexed “Henrich”]
https://www.ancestry.com/interactive/9198/100430854_00034/1343927#?imageId=100430854_00032

1601 John Barnard son[n]e of Francis Barnard \gent[leman]/ was baptized the xxth day of September [misindexed “Barmash”]
https://www.ancestry.com/interactive/9198/100430854_00034/1343927#?imageId=100430854_00034

1603 James Barnarde sonne of Francis Barnard \gent[leman]/ was baptized the 27th day of october [misindexed “Barnert”]
https://www.ancestry.com/interactive/9198/100430854_00034/1343927#?imageId=100430854_00036

1605 Wyll[ia]m Barnard sonne of Francis Barnard \gent[leman]/ was baptized the xjth day of aprill [misindexed “Mattin Barmann” son of “French Barmann”]
https://www.ancestry.com/interactive/9198/100430854_00034/1343927#?imageId=100430854_00037

PROBATE SEARCHES

A will was not found for Francis Barnard of Piddington in the Archdeaconry Court of Northampton or the Prerogative Court of Canterbury. His burial in 1630, if buried at Piddington, would have been recorded in a register that now seems to be lost.

Nathan
Nathan Murphy
2018-05-13 03:38:50 UTC
I submitted corrections to Ancestry for these transcription errors.

Nathan
taf
2018-05-14 03:03:54 UTC
Post by Nathan Murphy
Though terribly misread by indexers, I managed to find the baptism
of Virginia Gateway William Bernard [Barnard] and his three brothers,
including his elder brother Robert Bernard, Knt. [1st Baronet] at
Just out of curiosity, (and I realize that given the patronymic surname, they are likely unrelated), is there any known connection between this lot and the Barnards who were Deptford shipwrights in the mid-to-late 1700s and early 1800s? I have been tracking what appears to be an orphaned scion of that clan who emigrated through Philadelphia in 1805, only to d.s.p. in Boston a couple of decades later.

taf
Nathan Murphy
2018-05-14 03:24:28 UTC
Just out of curiosity, (and I realize that given the patronymic surname, they are likely unrelated), is there any known connection between this lot and the Barnards who were Deptford shipwrights in the mid-to-late 1700s and early 1800s? I have been tracking what appears to be an orphaned scion of that clan who emigrated through Philadelphia in 1805, only to d.s.p. in Boston a couple of decades later.
taf
I couldn't say tag. I have only studied this C17 Virginia immigrant.

Nathan
Nathan Murphy
2018-05-14 03:42:51 UTC
Post by Nathan Murphy