Mapping the Medieval Countryside
Jan Wolfe
2018-04-12 20:51:30 UTC
The text of a 1601 copy of the IPM of John Arundel of Lanherne is available on the website of The National Archives and on the website of the Cornwell Council:
http://discovery.nationalarchives.gov.uk/details/r/b756fdfd-cd20-475b-9363-2df03434f6ac
http://crocat.cornwall.gov.uk/dserve/dserve.exe?dsqIni=Dserve.ini&dsqApp=Archive&dsqDb=Catalog&dsqCmd=show.tcl&dsqSearch=(RefNo==%22AR/21/3%22)

I have not found this IPM on the Mapping the Medieval Countryside website. I tried searching by date, name, and place.
taf
2018-04-12 22:21:27 UTC
Post by Jan Wolfe
http://discovery.nationalarchives.gov.uk/details/r/b756fdfd-cd20-475b-9363-2df03434f6ac
http://crocat.cornwall.gov.uk/dserve/dserve.exe?dsqIni=Dserve.ini&dsqApp=Archive&dsqDb=Catalog&dsqCmd=show.tcl&dsqSearch=(RefNo==%22AR/21/3%22)
I have not found this IPM on the Mapping the Medieval Countryside website. I tried searching by date, name, and place.
Too recent, isn't it? Last I knew their database had nothing more recent than HVII.

taf
Jan Wolfe
It's a 1601 copy of an IPM dated 4 August 1435. John Arendel of Lanherne died on 11 January 1434/35 (Tuesday after Epiphany). The IPM is described as No. 39 in 13 Henry VI in J. Jackson Howard and H. Seymour Hughes, eds., _Genealogical Collections Illustrating the History of Roman Catholic Families of England Based on the Lawson Manuscript_, Part III Arundell. (Printed for Private Circulation, 1887).
s***@gmail.com
2018-04-13 04:17:55 UTC
Post by Jan Wolfe
Post by taf
Post by Jan Wolfe
[...]
Dear Jan
The following, on the Mapping the Medieval Countryside, ipm for John Arundell of Laherne, 25-609, contains a reference to inquisitions taken in 1435 - referencing CIPM XXIV, nos 386–7. A search in MMC for 24-386 turns up three inquisitions for John Arundell.
Saba
http://www.inquisitionspostmortem.ac.uk/view/inquisition/25-609/
Jan Wolfe
2018-04-13 05:45:48 UTC
Post by s***@gmail.com
Post by Jan Wolfe
Thanks, this one includes a lot of family history detail! With a search for 24-386, I did find the other three at http://www.inquisitionspostmortem.ac.uk/view/inquisition/24-384/386, including the one copied in 1601.