Worms
Add Reply
Nancy Piccirilli
2017-06-03 00:29:21 UTC
Hi everyone, happy summer. I have become interested in one Burchard, Bishop
of Worms, and would like to know a bit about his family. He had a brother
Franco, also Bishop of Worms, and a sister, an Abbess of an unknown abbey.
Burchard was a noted canonist, and Mathilda was famous as a maker of
"sumptuous clothes." They were the children of a noble family in Hesse,
Germany, but I cannot find their parents' names. Can anyone tell me?
Thank you!
Nancy the Crazed Ricardian
Peter Stewart
2017-06-03 00:49:31 UTC
Post by Nancy Piccirilli
Hi everyone, happy summer. I have become interested in one Burchard, Bishop
of Worms, and would like to know a bit about his family. He had a brother
Franco, also Bishop of Worms, and a sister, an Abbess of an unknown abbey.
Burchard was a noted canonist, and Mathilda was famous as a maker of
"sumptuous clothes." They were the children of a noble family in Hesse,
Germany, but I cannot find their parents' names. Can anyone tell me?
Their parents' names are unknown - you can find an English translation
of Burchard's Vita here:

http://sourcebooks.fordham.edu/halsall/source/1025burchard-vita.asp